Some Career Advise Needed

Topic locked
Some career advise needed Feb 20, 2006
Assalammualaikum,

My wife, a Registered Nurse in SIngapore, and also an IT graduate from National University of Singapore plans to seek career to advance her career in dubai. I'm quite confident that there are quite a plenty of opportunites for her in the Healthcare or IT industry, Insya ALLah.

I on the other hand, have 5 years experience, working as a Senior Officer in the Singapore Prisons Service with the rank of Assistant Superintendent. Education - Bachelor of Science Management from University of London, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and also Certificate in Teaching Methodology. Over the years not only was i able to manage offenders and thier family members i.e coaching, facilitating, training and counselling. I was also responsible in organising and chairing of many large scale events.

In which Industry is best for me to apply my relevant experience, skills and qualification?

If there are'nt any, what are the ways that I can prepare myself so as to get better prospects?

Thanks!

farhan_ahmad_nasroon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 20, 2006
I don't mean to offend you but if you've had experience coaching, training, and councelling people how can you not know what it is you have to offer and where it would best fit? And not to mention the responsibilities for the events you've organized and chaired.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 20, 2006
Working in prisons, you basically do everything under the sun. Its kind of general, managing people, getting things done.

Ofcourse, I am confident that my abilities are relevant almost everywhere.
I was actually 'fishing" for some suggestions which I thought this forum could provide.

Your comments I could have figured out myself, but thanks anyway.
farhan_ahmad_nasroon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai