Salary Package Questions

Topic locked
Salary Package Questions Jan 29, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Please let me know if I will be able to save money on the following salary package. It's for an entry level I.T support job in one of the most recognized hospitals in Dubai. I don't have much experience aside from doing an internship in my field of expertise.

* Overall Salary Package 7000AED Per month

* Rental deduction would be aprox 2260aed staff accommodation, single sharing

* 30 days annual leave, 6-8 Public Holiday, 6 days Ramadan leave if you don’t opt to take the 2 hour less a day during the month of Ramadan, 7 days study leave, 45 days sick leave, medical insurance coverage (AED 200K annual)

* Discounted employee meal, end-of-service benefit

Would do you guys think ? my main expenses would be pretty much food. I'm thinking I would still be able to save about 36000AED Per year or $10,000.

Keep in mind this is for an entry level job and I believe being in Dubai will open to more higher paying positions.

Your review is appreciated. Thanks.

usaexpatdxb2012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Salary Package Questions Jan 30, 2012
So basically you're hoping to survive on about 1,700 dhs a month? Very tough. Does the deduction in accomodation also include bills? I think it's a bit cheeky that they're deducting you for staff accomodation, it should be provided, or an allowance on top.

It really depends on if you want to have a life or not, going out and doing things here can be expensive.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Salary Package Questions Jan 30, 2012
Yea........this isn't a good offer. Especially since there deducting for staff housing.

By the way, how much do you need every month to survive here ?
usaexpatdxb2012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Salary Package Questions Feb 04, 2012
Not a good offer especially when your home location says "Location: Seattle"
NinethSense
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai