Topic locked
Recruitments are still active in dubai Apr 06, 2009
hearing lots of layoffs
but still companies looking for people

hudson
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 06, 2009
Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I am a SAP consultant working in INDIA and looking for the same in Dubai. Can anyone suggest me where can I get IT (SAP) job postings in Dubai or any consultant lists or anything.
By the way, how is the SAP market there now?
Please help me out in this.

Ratna
yrkumar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

hi ratna Apr 06, 2009
yrkumar wrote:Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I am a SAP consultant working in INDIA and looking for the same in Dubai. Can anyone suggest me where can I get IT (SAP) job postings in Dubai or any consultant lists or anything.
By the way, how is the SAP market there now?
Please help me out in this.

Ratna

SAP consultant is a good profession and SAp market is good in middle east if you have expereince. now i dont suggest you to take a immediate decison, even dubai market is affected with the global recession, wait for few more months and try for a change than moving to dubai suddently. most of the companies frezed recruitments and only active recruitments can be seen i retail sector
godd luck
hudson
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Recruitments are still active in dubai Apr 14, 2009
hudson wrote:hearing lots of layoffs

They lay-off their old employees and hire new employees offfering them a very low income.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Recruitments are still active in dubai Apr 23, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:

They lay-off their old employees and hire new employees offfering them a very low income.

Dont you think re-hiring is an expensive deal.. and then training to get them up to speed? I think firing and rehiring is not a very good business idea.
unniswaran
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Recruitments are still active in dubai Apr 23, 2009
unniswaran wrote:
ArchitectRoel wrote:

Dont you think re-hiring is an expensive deal.. and then training to get them up to speed? I think firing and rehiring is not a very good business idea.

eventhough re-hiring is a costly affair the companies are moving for this because of the availblity of talented professionals in the market with same industry back ground with comparatively less salary. few companies using this as a chance to throw their unproductive employees and hiring talented and less expensive candidates
hudson
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 23, 2009
Companies are probably looking to hire people who are single. Big cost savings there.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 24, 2009
hey what about the medical field or clinicial research field in dubai how does the job market doing there, my wife is a doctor she has also done a course in clinical research and presently working as a CRO in a clinical research co. in india and wants to re locate to dubai are companies still hiring in this field. please advise.
shawnalmeida
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 24, 2009
jjm wrote:Hi All,
Im new to this forum and would need some advice on the IT industry in Dubai.
Im a Software Test Engineer from Chennai,India and have 2.6 yrs of exp in software testing.
But i find that getting a jon in my related field is very hard and rare also.
Can anyone in the related field could guide me better,on how to get a job in the field of software testing.
But i hear that recruitments have been frozen in IT sectors,banking and airlines sectors.

Yes it s really hard to get into the one which you mentioned as i am also experienced software Tester , Very rarely openings are coming for testers , If it come also preference for UAE Nationals or they are demanding for highly experienced for the role of team leader or Managers. Software Testing terminology is not often heard in UAE Job Market like in India , US or UK.
Shakkila
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 25, 2009
the best think is to hang on with wt you can during this rough ride,
Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai