Labor Case, Please Advise

Topic locked
Labor Case, Please advise Dec 24, 2011
Dear Friends,

I have done labour case against my company this year.
the reason was, they were not paying my commissions on time, and then later they refuse to pay most of it.
I know this might be a case with loads of people in dubai. but well it depends who can take it or who avoids it. I am the one who can not forget his harwork, and I dont want my employer to enjoy the money which I earned for him.
Firstly, It went to labour court, there no conclusion, they asked to file the case in dubai court,
now from past 9 months the case is going on.
current position is, the court has appointed a legal expert (expert accountancy firm) to check the evidences and submit the report. the report says that I will get half of the money which i claimed.
Can anybody help.
is there anyone who had the same expereice, just to ensure, if i am making any mistake, or if some can guide me, what to do next from here.
I can not afford a lawer..
However I can work with any other company while my case is in court, but when i say this thng in an interview,
new employers are scared to take me on board, so not working from last 9 months as well.
Looking forward, guys..

dannydxb
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Labor Case, Please Advise Dec 24, 2011
9 months is not a long amount of time for this sort of thing. Another forumers had his case back and forth in and out the courts for 2 years! In all honesty you might have to wait, if you can't then take what they're offering you and forget about it and move on. Sometimes it's just not worth the hassle.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Labor Case, Please Advise Dec 24, 2011
Chocoholic ,

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping to get some storng lead as in anyone who's done similar case, to follow what would be next.

I m not in hurry, But when nothing happens month in month out, once a month u go to court and they give u another date, seems no action is happening ..
dannydxb
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Labor Case, Please Advise Dec 25, 2011
Well sadly if you want things to progress you need to hire a good lawyer - aqn arabic one, who will get in there and fight your corner, otherwise basically they'll just string it out in the hope you give up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Labor Case, Please Advise Dec 29, 2011
Yea, hiring a lawyer is the best way forward. If you can't afford one, then my guess is you can't afford to wait years for the payment to come in. Sometimes, as mentioned, the best thing to do is take what you can get and move on.
MeronZG
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Labor Case, Please Advise Dec 30, 2011
MeronZG ,

thanks dear, I am looking now a reasonable lawer, if we can agree on the % after the case finishes, will be best for me. If not this case very nominal charges if he takes i would try to lock in.

Expert has already suggested that I should get half of my claim, at least I should get some money.

Any Suggestions for the Lawer?
dannydxb
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined May 18, 2014
Dear all,

my problem is that my company did not paying my salary since january 2014 and over time since july 2013, also i asked for my salaary then they given me notice then terminated and my last working day is 31st may but still they did not paid any amount or did not discussed aswell regarding anything, i just want to take suggestion by you all guys, can you.

Regards,

ALAM
sharique90
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Labor Case, Please Advise May 20, 2014
I think this is a complicated case and will take a long time for any individual to fight without a good lawyer. It will be tougher when you are not working anywhere because companies will have their dedicated lawyers for this and you need to suffer. You should not leave it, but try to get some job out there and then maybe you can afford some good lawyer to fight with them, but do not sit idle on the home that you will get your money. Because today or tomorrow you have to find one job for you. So, why not now. Try not to discuss current situation if possible.
preetihospital
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Labor Case, Please Advise Jun 11, 2015
sharique90 ,
i dont know why when a person is not getting a salary still continues to work? is this a matter of fear for not getting another job.

in your case, you can take your offering letter, labor contract and termination letter to MOL-Al Qusais and can explain them the situation especially with any arabic friend who can explain the dispute, as MOL can see through there system that whether your salary was deposited in to the WPS system or not and if it was deposited than who was withdrawing it.

for any further help: alikhalifeh88@yahoo.com
alikhalifeh
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai