Labor Case.... Please Advice

Topic locked
Labor Case.... Please advice Jun 04, 2015
I was working with a private company in Dubai. I was working here since 2011 on wards, I wasn’t getting salaries since January 2014, so on September 2014 I submitted my resignation and informed my company to settle my dues. I have served one month notice period and stopped my work after finishing notice period. Once after stopping my work, several times I met company management and asked them relieve me, but they didn’t do that. Finally on November first week I filed a labor case against my company to get my dues and to get cancel my visa. On the first two labor sitting they agreed to pay and requested more time from the labor department, before third sitting in the labor, company filed a criminal case against me in the police station the major charges are;
1. I made financial loss to the company

2. I have not settled the petty cash accounts.

Both charges are false, but they have shown in the prosecution an audit report which shows there are some bills pending from my side. I have resigned and then served my notice period, during these time there was no issues on petty cash account which closed on June 2014. Later they have removed some bills and arranged an audit report on that. In between, the company proposed me to withdraw my labor case first and then they will also withdraw the criminal case by paying nothing to me. I am living in this country with my family & kids. Since I have criminal case I have difficulty to get a temporary job. Also, I struggle to make my utility payments and bank loans. If I didn’t pay it on time, the banks may file another case against me, so by delaying the case I may fall into worse issue. Now my company says that they will make this case prolonging as much as they can and they are making all fake documents to prove they are correct in front of the court. I am helpless here to prove that I am fighting for my rights. So, anybody here can advice me in this regard.

Thanks

ritty
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Labor Case.... Please Advice Jun 11, 2015
ritty ,

i would like to ask one thing, like since you left the job you would have closed accounts as of Sept 2014 and would have handed over to another accountant. In an audit report did you reconciled the financial loss on which occasion the lost has occurred?

you need to check out the followings:

1) Account closing before leaving the job.

2) I/E or Financial statements prepared before leaving the Job.

3) account balance for the petty cash?

4) same request can be made infront of court to atleast draw your basic salary to run your expenses.

for more help, you can contact me alikhalifeh88@gmail.com
alikhalifeh
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Labor Case.... Please Advice Jul 09, 2015
Thanks for your reply, I am working in this company in it's sales division, not into accounts, to run the sales division they used to give me cash and i submit it's bill back. monthly company gives 12,000 AED and I used to clear it before getting another month's payment.
I have settled the accounts 4 months before I submit the resignation as the sales activities stopped by the company. Unfortunately I do not keep a copy of it.

Now the court judgement came in favor to me. But they are planning to go for appeal and to put some other cases against me.
ritty
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai