JOB CHANGING

Topic locked
JOB CHANGING Jul 01, 2012
Hello Friends,

I would like to know if it is possible to change my job. I signed an unlimited contract on 26st january 2012 with a sharjah company where I worked for six months, my probation period ended and I was confirmed. However, I want to change jobs because the salary is too low and my position does not reflect my background. I have seen many jobs with good salaries in other companies. In this case, Can I change my job before completing one year, or will i face a ban? Please reply if possible.

Regards
AMER

princeplain
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: JOB CHANGING Jul 01, 2012
It's likely that you can change your job, but the company might expect you to pay the visa fees and any allowances they've paid you up front, back to them. You really should have quit in your probation period - that's what it's there for.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: JOB CHANGING Jul 02, 2012
Chocoholic ,

yeah, but are you sure if i pay them the visa cost and all then there will be no ban on me?
princeplain
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: JOB CHANGING Jul 02, 2012
Your contract is unlimited though right? You probably need to check with the labour department, you might have to complete a year or even 2 before you can change with no hassles. Bans are money making schemes and are easily bought out for most people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: JOB CHANGING Jul 03, 2012
Chocoholic ,

Ah i see, thank you so much for your quick reply, I Appreciate !!! Thanks Again.
princeplain
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: JOB CHANGING Jan 19, 2014
above case and condition is repeating with me , I Also want to resign and search new job. what is the exact payment and consequences.
Qaiseriqbal
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai