Has Anyone Taken A Labour Dispute To Court?

undefined Jan 20, 2015
dubaidog , Hi there! Your post was helpful. I'm currently in a lawsuit against my ex-employer. Would you be able to give me the contact to your lawyer please? i can be emailed at just2378@gmail.com

Thank you :)

--- Mar 23, 2015 ---

So, i won my court case! It took 5 months, but its done! the Dubai courts were very efficient, fair and prompt. I am in awe of how efficiently the system worked. Of course, there is a chance that my ex-employer would appeal the Judge's ruling, but my faith is renewed and I will fight the injustice done to me until the end. All due credit to my lawyer too- he was brilliant! If anyone would like a legal counsel, please write in to me at just2378@gmail.com i have been there and done that, don't be afraid to fight for your rights. We are living in a civil world.

LadyOnAMission
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined May 10, 2015
Anyone have experience of getting visa in DMCC freezone while have one year labour ban? please reply
anikavungal
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined May 30, 2015
I was notified around 4 weeks ago that our company is doing a restructure. I was told that they had decided my management position was no longer required but that I would then continue to do same work , but not as a manager of the department. Just before that a man had been employed to be part of my team and work under me. With the restructure, he would then continue the job.. But report to a different manager. 4 weeks later I have been called in to say they have again made changes and that the new man, who was going to report to me initially was now my new boss and that he has taken on the management position that I had. This is illegal in most countries... Is this legal here in dubai ?? Any info appreciated. Thanks
Dissatisfied
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Has Anyone Taken A Labour Dispute To Court? Jun 21, 2015
Dissatisfied , it is legal and it is completely an employer to choice to place anybody on any designation.
alikhalifeh
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Has Anyone Taken A Labour Dispute To Court? Feb 17, 2016
Hello to everyone

I have submitted my resignation while I was suspended. My company is refusing to accept my resignation. It is legal?
Kndk
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Feb 17, 2016
maximusprime ,

Kndk , you can always resign again after the suspension period is over. The employee always has the right to resign and leave as far as the contractual agreement between the employee and employer is adhered to, for example: if it's a limited contract then it is either completed or alternatively if not completed then the clauses are adhered to. But non-acceptance of resignation is not legally allowed - because that implies bonded labor!

Good luck, hope your worries resolve soon.
LadyOnAMission
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Has Anyone Taken A Labour Dispute To Court? Feb 17, 2016
Dear maximusprime,

Thank you for your reply. I was on suspension because I broke code of conduct of the company. Now they are investigating the case for 2 weeks already and have not updated me yet on the result.

I resigned because I need to leave the country for good which I had planned already before my suspension.

All I want to know if it is legal for them to decline my resignation. I don't want to lose days and stay more in this country. What else I can do so they accept my resignation
Kndk
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Has Anyone Taken A Labour Dispute To Court? Oct 01, 2021
Hi

Apologies for resurrecting this now old thread, but could anyone recommend a lawyer or know the name of the lawyer DubaiDog (above) used?

Really could use the help of an astute labour lawyer now.

Thanks for any help!
DanDanDan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai