GOT NEW JOB DURING VISA PROCESSING

Topic locked
GOT NEW JOB DURING VISA PROCESSING Mar 14, 2015
Dear all,

I want to know, I got a job while being on visit visa. I signed a contract and my prospective employer has applied for labor approval. Meanwhile, I have received another offer two times as good as previous one.

Contract Signing Date: March 9, 2015
Date Labor approval applied: March 10, 2015 (Which means only two working days have passed after all this)

My previous employer had included a clause in the offer letter wherein it was mentioned that I may have to reimburse visa expenses incurred in case of termination before two years. I have not received any work permit etc and am still on visit visa here in Dubai.

As per my recent correspondence with that employer, I got a reply:

"Since your visa is already in process with immigration, I don’t think you will be able to get a visa from your new employer."

I want to know:

1) Is my previous employer above quoted statement correct as to my visa processing? Is it such a fast track process that within two days; the employer is done with all the process?
2) How much are the labor approval costs and when work permit process starts? What is the likely estimate of costs incurred by employer to date? Please explain the process.
3) What is the most favorable course of action for me as this second job is real attractive and I can't let it go?
4) What are the legal implications in case I accept this new offer?

Please do let me know, my case can be a real learning point for a lawyer in practice.

Thanks.

faisal1989
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai