ESL Teaching Jobs: What Are My Chances? (Housing Vs. Salary)

Topic locked
ESL Teaching jobs: What are my chances? (Housing vs. salary) Oct 21, 2008
I read on another posting (by dbxsoul) about the cost of living in Dubai that housing could be around 100,000 a year plus "levy," which seems pretty high when I checked the exchange rates (to the dollar). I want a job that will actually allow me to save up significant amounts of money, so before I sell my business (a language school) and move out of here, I want to be pretty sure I know what I'm getting myself into!

I have a B.A., and a post-B.A. certificate in Teaching ESL from a university in the U.S, followed by over 10 years of various ESL teaching experience. The housing factor is important; I figure that if I make 15000 but I have to pay for housing I'm not going to be able to save up enough money each month.

What are my chances of finding a job in the UAE that will pay about 15000 PLUS housing?

Winston
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 22, 2008
Here is a link to Dave's ESL Cafe Job Discussion forum for the UAE. I'm sure you can find lots of info on what different schools pay and what the housing arrangements are like. http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum ... 932702e59b
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks! Oct 22, 2008
Very cool. I didn't know Dave's ESL Cafe had a UAE section.
Winston
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 23, 2008
Great link :wink:
marita
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai