Is It Easier To Find A Job With A Visa ?

Topic locked
Is It Easier To Find A Job With A Visa ? Jan 19, 2012
Hello All,

I have a question. I have been applying for jobs online based in the Dubai region from my home in America.

While i've had a few good interviews nothing has lead to an offer of employment at this time.

I was wondering if I come to the U.A.E and setup a company + secure a residency visa and offer my services as a (Desktop Support Analyst/Help Desk) external consultant.

Do you think this will increase my chances of finding a job ? I know this will be costly but I plan to make an estimated 12000-17000 AED per month which will cover my expenses and still can save a good amount of money.

What do you guys think ?

usaexpatdxb2012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Is It Easier To Find A Job With A Visa ? Jan 20, 2012
Ah you're problem might actually be, that there are a bazillion Asians, who would do that job for peanuts! That's your problem.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Well it would probably make it easier to find a job, but it would also be risky and you might find yourself settling for a below average job.

When I was 24 I sold all my stuff and moved to Singapore to look for work. At the time I wasn't concerned about how much money I was making, I just wanted the experience. I'm 42 now and I wouldn't consider doing that again - if an employer wants me, they can pay me to relocate.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

I see what you guys are saying. It's better to find an expatriate package before shifting to the gulf region.
usaexpatdxb2012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Is It Easier To Find A Job With A Visa ? Jan 25, 2012
stay in the US, i was over there for close to 4 years and wouldn't go back. you won't find a job at the 17K like you think, like Choc said there's a ton of out of work folks willing to work for 1/8 that salary.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Is It Easier To Find A Job With A Visa ? Feb 29, 2012
Many people move here with tourist visa and spend a lot of money, then start looking for a job and the salary is no what they were looking for
JhonS
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai