Construction Jobs Crunch In Dubai?

Topic locked
Construction Jobs Crunch in Dubai? Dec 08, 2008
Are you finding less and less construction jobs in Dubai and salarys going down?

How about construction jobs in Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi have you seen projects and jobs there drying up?

Try the jobsite http://www.GulfConstructionJobs.com for construction jobs in Dubai and across the Gulf

jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Dubai is getting hit hard Dec 14, 2008
There have been less and less construction jobs in Dubai during December. Abu Dhabi or Kuwait are good options if you can't find a job in Dubai.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 24, 2008
I heard that some Dubai employees are being relocated to Abu Dhabi branch
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 27, 2008
The market seems its going down continuously
Bricks
Dubai Forum User

looking back Feb 12, 2009
Just looking back at this and see that although the Dubai construction jobs market was getting worse back in Dec 2008 when I posted the question I had no idea how back things would get.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: looking back Mar 03, 2009
jobs123 wrote:Just looking back at this and see that although the Dubai construction jobs market was getting worse back in Dec 2008 when I posted the question I had no idea how back things would get.

Looking back again and I think the constructions jobs market is about to get even worse.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: looking back Mar 07, 2009
jobs123 wrote:
jobs123 wrote:Just looking back at this and see that although the Dubai construction jobs market was getting worse back in Dec 2008 when I posted the question I had no idea how back things would get.

Looking back again and I think the constructions jobs market is about to get even worse.

Yes it probably would. And the real estate ofcourse. And I don't expect there would be a future revival of the economic growth rate like before.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Re: looking back Mar 16, 2009
Snow wrote:
jobs123 wrote:

Yes it probably would. And the real estate ofcourse. And I don't expect there would be a future revival of the economic growth rate like before.

Snow, I felt the same when I was in Hong Kong during the Asia Financial crisis and then again during SARS but it got better both times.

Dubai is a lot like Hong Kong but as this is the first crash for Dubai people think it's the end. I'm betting on Dubai bouncing back
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

lower Apr 05, 2009
How low can the Dubai construction jobs market go?

I'm starting to think all through 2009 things are going to get worse.

Abu Dhabi is also very slow.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Construction Jobs Crunch in Dubai? Apr 13, 2009
jobs123 wrote:Are you finding less and less construction jobs in Dubai and salarys going down?

How about construction jobs in Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi have you seen projects and jobs there drying up?

Try the jobsite http://www.GulfConstructionJobs.com for construction jobs in Dubai and across the Gulf

Just read that construction salaries when down by 15% in Dubai during Q1.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

has the worst passed May 12, 2009
Do you guys think the worst has passed for the Dubai construction sector? I'm seeing an increase in the number of jobs advertised but the salaries are of course lower.

Brits are cheaper now due to the pound being so low.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

May 12, 2009
Dubai will bounce back for sure, but it will probably not be untill be in the 4th quarter.
dresden
Dubai chat master

4th Q Jul 11, 2009
dresden wrote:Dubai will bounce back for sure, but it will probably not be untill be in the 4th quarter.

When you posted this I thought you could have been right but now it looks like 4th quarter 2012.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: 4th Q Oct 27, 2009
jobs123 wrote:
dresden wrote:Dubai will bounce back for sure, but it will probably not be untill be in the 4th quarter.

When you posted this I thought you could have been right but now it looks like 4th quarter 2012.

Change looks to be happening fast. I think 2010 could be good.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Construction Jobs Crunch in Dubai? Jan 11, 2010
i hope it gets better this year, im hopping to find a job there, i tried in 2008 but i would do it again, after i have experience as a resident engineer. maybe i could find something good
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Construction Jobs Crunch in Dubai? Apr 16, 2010
Sankyx,

The Dubai construction jobs market is improving again as discussed here http://www.engineeringjobsdubai.com/2010/04/15/dubai-engineering-jobs-boom-again/
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

thanks for your respond
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

jobs123 wrote:Are you finding less and less construction jobs in Dubai and salarys going down?

Gulf Engineering Jobs are ready for take off. Counting down http://www.gulfengineeringjobs.com
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai