Cancelled Visa

Topic locked
Cancelled Visa Nov 17, 2008
Hi..can somebody help me or just guide me..My company cancelled me and i wasn't able to get my passport for the reason that they want me to settle my dues to my bank..and to date..i am not paid yet..now my passport is still with them..and threatening me to ban me for life..i mean my old company...

I have found a new employment though I know the liabilities of working not under their sponsorship, but they are willing to accompany me in everything..

Will I be fined and be banned for overstay of 1 month?

ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 21, 2008
:D

Wow. That’s not one issue it’s a whole bunch of them!

First question is will you old employer give you an NOC to transfer to a new employer, if not then you may well pack your bags.

Second question. How long have you worked with the previous employer, again if you have not worked there for very long you cannot simply transfer to a new employer.

It also seems you have a serious problem with your previous employer. If they don’t pay you, you cannot settle with the bank (I’m assuming they have stood as a guarantor for you at some point and are financially liable for your debts?). The only way around this is to talk to them, ask them to draw up a reconciliation of your dues and what the bank is owed. Then get them to make payment directly to the bank for what you owe them, and pay the balance (if there is one).

Without getting around the “issues” with your old employer there is no way that they would even consider giving you a NOC for a transfer, and no way that you’d get your passport back.

You will be fined for an overstay of 1 month. If it get to an overstay of about 4 or 5 months then you run the risk of being deported and banned permanently.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 21, 2008
:D

Wow. That’s not one issue it’s a whole bunch of them!

First question is will you old employer give you an NOC to transfer to a new employer, if not then you may well pack your bags.

Second question. How long have you worked with the previous employer, again if you have not worked there for very long you cannot simply transfer to a new employer.

It also seems you have a serious problem with your previous employer. If they don’t pay you, you cannot settle with the bank (I’m assuming they have stood as a guarantor for you at some point and are financially liable for your debts?). The only way around this is to talk to them, ask them to draw up a reconciliation of your dues and what the bank is owed. Then get them to make payment directly to the bank for what you owe them, and pay the balance (if there is one).

Without getting around the “issues” with your old employer there is no way that they would even consider giving you a NOC for a transfer, and no way that you’d get your passport back.

You will be fined for an overstay of 1 month. If it get to an overstay of about 4 or 5 months then you run the risk of being deported and banned permanently.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai