Can I EXIT From Other Nearby Country After Visa Cancelled?

Topic locked
Jan 28, 2009
mmmm.

you could possibly, go to your manager and tell her that you feel bad about leaving under the circumstances, and would work on for another month to help them out (so that they could find a replacement).

depends if you have told them about your trip to the MOL already...
they may not already have worked out how much money it will cost them to have you working the full 5 years out!

:) good luck, let me know i'm always interested to see how things turn out.

dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 02, 2009
dxbsoul, just to inform you that i agreed to extend my notice until 10feb as the company still trying to find for my replacement, hope everything will turn right.

wish me luck...
gentilmail
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 02, 2009
good luck!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 08, 2009
dxbsoul,

hi!

can my employer force me to go to my home country once they have cancelled my employment visa?? if yes, on which article and same if no. thanks.

this is an urgent case. now they are telling to make booking for myself.
gentilmail
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 08, 2009
hi there, once they cancel your residency visa you have 30 days to leave the country before you can start being fined or even arrested and depoerted. as there is no residency ban you can immediatly apply for a visit visa once you are out of the country.

i suggest the ony way that you can possibly stay in the uae is to try and find employment in one of the freezones - although this does not automatically mean that you may be elligible to work there.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 10, 2009
dxbsoul,

my employer keeps on insisting that they will cancel only my visa before my departure. should i tell them i have an offer from another company so it might stop them from making their dark plans for me?

only i need them to cancel my visa, to brief, i worked with them for 5 straight years, my visa is unlimited, i have a good offer from a company, i didn't told them that im resigning because of joining new company as i know that they will not give me NOC and they will not think of something else.....

im losing my patience. i want to send you the email exhanges but the forum is not allowing me.

pls tell me what to do. i losing the chance to join the new company :((
gentilmail
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 10, 2009
Hi there. First thing, don't confuse visa with labour card. These are two sperate things....

The ban is placed on labour after the labour card is cancelled with the department of labour.

The visa (immigration/ residency) is normally cancelled at the same time as the labour card, BUT you have 30 days then to exit the country before you become illegal.

Tomorrow! First thing, go to the Labour Department - first thing check about your 5 year service, if you have completed this then there should be no ban for you - even if they try to cancel your card. Please check though. if you can confirm with a labour officer that the ban will not be imposed on you then you could approach your employer and request a transfer, if they refuse you could probably still have a new labour card issued without the ban.

The reason I suggest that you go to the labour department is that they have a set of implementation guidelines which relate to how the law and bans are implemented - this is not covered in the Labour Law and is interpretation.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 17, 2009
dxbsoul,

i already filed a complaint with labour. they set an appointment with my employer on 26feb. hopefully, everything will turn out well and will not be feeling any regrets. im just worried that they might consider me as absconding but i just followed MOL hotline told me that idont need to come to my old office as i already served my notice for resignation.

Hope you could give more guidelines on what i have just did.

God bless.
gentilmail
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 20, 2009
A word of advice at this point. Once the complaint has been laid and your employer notified you have then moved past the "point of no return".

I could suggest the following (I have done it before and it worked!) approach your current employer and suggest that it they provide you with a NOC and sign a transfer letter (assuming you have a position to go to), then you will re-tract the case at the Ministry of Labour.

Make sure that you have all the letters from your employer first though, the signed transfer papers, the NOC and the signatures on the company labour cards before you withdraw the case!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 23, 2009
dxbsoul,

can u tell me if the MOL will be the one to inform my employer about the scheduled appointment regarding my complaint? or i should be the one to tell my employer directly that i filed a complaint in MOL?

When i went to MOL and filed complaint, they gave me a letter (stamped by labour) saying that on 26feb i should come to labour office to meet with my employer.
gentilmail
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 23, 2009
hi there, yes this sounds about right. they normally start off with the letter calling the employer to an arbitration meeting. the employer/ sponsor has to appear in person not his/ her PRO. if they don't turn up for the meeting the next step is they issue a Federal Labour summons on the employer, if the employer does not turn up again they are within thier right to send the police to collect him/ her as it is then a Federal matter not a local Dubal MOL matter.

I went through this process before and simply kept a copy and handed the original to my employers secretray to pass on to him. From what I remember they did not issue him with a copy directly.

How did they recieve your complaint? Did they sound sympathetic?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 24, 2009
dxbsoul, hi, i just did what u have just made before as what u mentioned
above. but my office didn't bother to accept the letter. i ask somebody to give it to them and asking to sign a copy and they insist not to accept it, they want me to give it to them directly.

i just send them the letter by fax and kept a copy of the sent report.

im very depressed now. i getting tired of their games.
gentilmail
Dubai Forum Visitor

Transfer of Job Mar 09, 2009
mumbaiexpress
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 05, 2009
I was banned by my previous employer too. What I did:

1. Ensure that my resignation letter was received by the employer representative (our HR in this case) to prevent them from claiming that I have absconded.
2. I've worked for 2 years in this company on unlimited contract and coz no NOC, was given a ban of 6 months automatically by the Labor Dept.
3. A week after the end of my 30 day notice period (I have stopped coming to work altogether), my previous employer cancelled my visa and released my end of service entitlement at the Labor Office itself. The officer at the Labor Office will usually ask you if you got your money before they would stamp the cancellation. My employer, being aware that my resignation is signed and therefore accepted by them, have no choice but to cancel my visa. A colleague who also left them was not successful in getting the resignation signed, instead he presented the letter to the Labor Office and the Labor Office send them a letter to appear in their office and thus my ex-employer, having have enough of this case, again was forced to cancel his visa and yes with ban.
4. After cancellation, the employee have 30 days on which to change his/her visa either to employment or visit visa. I got mine changed to employment visa 2 days before the 30 days expires (yes, I freely roamed around UAE during these time). I was asked to exit though to change my visa but bringing with me the original employment permit and was only on airport to airport (meaning I came back to Dubai at the same day). Yes I did pay for the airfare, but eventually, my reimbursement for the airfare was approved and I got my money back.
5. How our PRO (he's a local) left my ban, I have no idea, he just give me the employment permit and asked me to get on a plane as he does not have enough time to have my employment visa stamped on my passport. He did told me though that I gave him lots of headache :lol:

I hope this helps.
LizaMarie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Can I EXIT From Other Nearby Country After Visa Cancelle Aug 04, 2014
Hi.my visa cancelled im staying my 30days period until aug 20 2014 and I got job offer they can process my employment visa til 20 of aug? And if I will go exit oman or kish I can come wth visit visa.and my new company can process my employment visa? But my new company they let me togo back philippines. I sign my contract to them.and I will wait my visa in philipines.but jm scared bcoz mybe yheg will not take me back.

--- Aug 04, 2014 ---

--- Aug 04, 2014 ---

--- Aug 04, 2014 ---

fatzoo ,
fatzoo
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai