Absconding Inquiry

Topic locked
absconding inquiry Jul 16, 2012
Hi!

A friend of mine was terminated/asked to resign last november 2011. He was out of job for 7 months (note that he stayed here and has not reported to the company for cancellation). Now that he has an offer letter from a company, he reported to his former company for visa cancellation. Unfortunately ( as we have thought all along), they could not cancel him because he has a "run-away" case filed. They asked him to go to the labor office and settle this matter before he could settle his visa.

Some questions I'd like to ask are:
1. Are there any fines involved?
2. How could he settle this with the labor office?
3. Is there a ban taht he'll have to serve?
4. What are the other legal implications that he might face? (like a lifetime ban?, criminal case?, deportation? etc.etc.)

We could not find any answers online so I took a chance in this site so I could give him a sound advice. :oops:
Thanks!!!

vincentv
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Absconding Inquiry Jul 16, 2012
Does he have anything in writing that he resigned? Did he get end of service benefits, because if he did he would have had to sign off on receiving them. If he did sign off on his end of service benefits then it would be the employers responsibility to cancel his visa. If he just walked away then they were in the right to file a complaint that he absconded. Are you saying that he didn't attempt to cancel his visa after leaving the job? If there is a case against he maybe his former employer can withdraw it or work with him to get it cancelled. If they are not willing to help him, he's pretty much screwed.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Absconding Inquiry Jul 17, 2012
I agree with BB, why did he not follow up and get his visa cancelled? He will require all the paperwork as has been suggested above. If a case is filed and has been processed it cannot be withdrawn, but must be settled.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Absconding Inquiry Jul 18, 2012
vincentv ,

Absconding report can be removed by employer without paying fine of AED 10000/- within 3 months of filing the absconding case. He can go to the Labor dept. if he can proves in anyway that he is not absconding then there will be no issues, otherwise ask the sponsor to accompany you to the labor dept and withdraw the case within 90 days. After cancellation 1 year banned will be imposed. If there is any criminal case then there is a life entry ban.
dsg
Dubai Forums Member

dsg , Don't read very well do you? The OP states the guy has been out of work and hasn't done anything about the visa for over SEVEN months! So well over the 3 month period.

FYI, 1 year bans are easily bought out, it's nothing more than a money making scheme.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic , Yeah I did'nt read properly, but it doesnt mean that the company filed a case 7 months ago or may be recently they filed a case.
dsg
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Absconding Inquiry Jul 20, 2012
Absconding cases are supposed to be filed after 7 days. Regardless, the guy still has to go to MOL for them to sort it out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: absconding inquiry Nov 24, 2013
Hi Good day! Just wanna ask about absconding. I have my 3years resident visa in dubai as a student but i work there in one company. I work 10months and then i resigned and go back here in our country when i resign my employer didn't get my labor card. Now my labor card is with me here in our country. Now my employer before told me to send back the labor card because if i didnt give back that to them they will file absconding. But i got my own visa not under with there company. Thank you hope u reply.cos im planning to go back in dubai..
Karding
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Absconding Inquiry Dec 27, 2013
I also have an absconding case right now, filed by my x-employer, now they are telling me to go to immigration to settle it, because it is now between me and the govt as they said, i there a possibility that I can settle this? in the first place, I cancelled my visa and my labor contract with them on time, and they didn't even inform me that they were about to file this case against me, my Other employer where i transferred even emailed them informing that they are in the process of securing my working visa but they failed so many times because of my absconding case..do you think I have a fight on this?I'm now overstayed for almost 7 months now.
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

undefined Aug 22, 2014
Hi goodevening everyine I wanted to enquire as well about absconding case of my sister in law . . . she was recently proceeded for her annual leave and return back here in UAE the thing is when she return from vacation there was some instances that she wasn't able to attend work due to sickness and personal things. However, she used to inform the employer thru phone that she can't make it. After a day her employer msg her that they were currently facing a situation in the company as their ISO Certificate hasnt renewed yet therefore they wont be operational.

Herethereafter, she is following everyday hows the status of the company enable for her to work. Day by Day they are telling her that theres still a problem with the certificate. Then one day she's being called in the office to sign a paper whereas the letter indicates that she needs to clarify the reasons why she wasnt able to join from the day she return from her vacation which is a lie, how it will be possible that she didnt report if she had her salary on July 10 and surrendered her passport to them.

Is there any chance for her to fight the case in the labour though she has a run away case, and just yesterday she was advice to produce 10k and proceed to labour to pay off the abscond case and to be able to clear the same

--- Aug 22, 2014 ---

--- Aug 22, 2014 ---

--- Aug 22, 2014 ---

hailpert
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Sep 18, 2014
Hello,

I would like to ask what would be the possibilities/consequences that will encounter to a runaway housemaid who wants to surrender herself to the immigration?

Thank you
miracle27
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Apr 26, 2015
Hi
I came from dubai on emergency vacatuon

Now i planed not returned to dubai due to some personal problem

Then company saying that if not coming back to dubai we will put abscounding case with gcc ban

Pls advise me is it possible but i dont have any criminal case
jemzad
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Absconding Inquiry Apr 28, 2015
jemzad ,
To put an absconding case there are some conditions. "Abscond can be reported only after 7 days of absence" is a condition among those.
Here is one more condition, "Personal file Print-out from Immigration to prove that the person is inside country".

So, I think your company can't file a case of absconding behind you. You will get a normal ban of 6 months (because not to completing the contract as mentioned).
videogamesae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

undefined Jun 13, 2015
In my company 1 lady joined in Feb 2015 & in offer letter company mentioned that within 2years if you left the company than you have to pay visa charges as she went for emergency leave & didnt return back ........so i want to know as she abscond can she come again UAE what we will charges she has pay

--- Jun 13, 2015 ---

I want to know in company contract its mentioned if employee want to leave the company than whatever visa charges he has to pay so i want to know if employee abscond without paying Visa charges than what charges will be there on him
Naziakhan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Absconding Inquiry Jun 13, 2015
hi,
i am inquiring this for my friend. she worked as a nanny for more than one and half year. now she cancelled her visa. her employer told her you have no ban and they gave her the copy of cancellation letter and they gave her flight ticket. she didn't go to her country and she stay in UAE for searching a new job. when she got another job, and came to know that she was abscond by her employer. how can she release from this, did she have any ban for this, is that possible for her to join in new job. in her cancellation letter mention that she can stay in UAE for 1 month. is there any problem for her when she leave UAE with in 1 month.
kannan316
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Aug 04, 2015
Hi,
Good evening everyone. I am seeking for help about the problem of my friend. He worked as a Landscaping engineer in one of the company here in dubai for almost 2years.The problem started when his father died in he really need to go home. His company did'nt give his salary leave they told he can get it when he come back. But still they dont give it..in no salary or 3 months. My friend complaint toLabour about his problem until his employer does'nt want to settle his due..Until the case goes up to Dubai Court my friend won the case and got the settlement last June 2015. My friend went to immigration to ask about his cancelation and he found out tht he has another case Absconding case..My question is while he has another case while he has labour case? What can we do to remove his absconding case? Please help my friend.
jansky
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Aug 05, 2015
i would like to ask is there a way or possibilities that a lifetime ban can be uplift or removed? the reason of the lifetime ban is absconding case filed against him. please advise
loveko
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Absconding Inquiry Aug 16, 2015
Does anyone knows what could be the consequences for an absconding case? I have my ticket already. I went to my embassy and they told me that I only have an absconding case and i am not overstay yet. I don't know the procedure in the immigration. Please i need to know the step on how i gonna go back to my home country. Thank you
mhadz101
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Absconding Inquiry Sep 05, 2015
lovely01 ,hi I want to know what happen to ur case now?how u settle it,how much fines that u pay in all? Did ur absconding removed? Bec. my husband facing same sit.u have now
An95
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Sep 06, 2015
lovely01 ,hi ,am in exact same situation now,could you guide me what you have done ,is it possible for the employer to put absconding after cancel the visa ,now am applying my new visa,when I ask my ex employer for my passport he said its in immigration and they put absconding ,can you guide me in this
Muhad
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Oct 20, 2015
hi how if i want to surrender in imigration possibility i can come back here again in uae because my employer complain me that i took her passport so wht i do her passport thats y he complain in police now i hve case in imigration for abscnding from now on i dont know my status thats y i want to go back home plz give me advise if i can come back here in uae thanks
jhenbernardo
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Absconding Inquiry Oct 20, 2015
How can I removed absconding on my dubai visa

--- Oct 20, 2015 ---

How can I removed absconding on my dubai visa

--- Oct 20, 2015 ---

Please help me

--- Oct 20, 2015 ---

mhadz101 ,same situation
Andie
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Absconding Inquiry Jan 11, 2016
hi i just want ask how can i check the person if we have case in UAE.

I friend run away to employer since 5years almost... he or she want to know that he have case in UAE OR NOT.
bainoronomar
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Absconding Inquiry Feb 15, 2016
what is the next step for a person received absconding case file by the employer? what he / she can do if received absconding case?
Mackiejj
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai