World Expo 2010

Topic locked
World Expo 2010 Mar 30, 2009
Is there anybody making the planing to visit the World Expo 2010 in Shanghai China?

Shangdesteel
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 15, 2009
The theme of Expo 2010 is "Better City, Better Life," representing the common wish of the whole humankind for a better living in future urban environments. This theme represents a central concern of the international community for future policy making, urban strategies and sustainable development. In 1800, 2% of the global population lived in cities. In 1950, the figure raised to 29%, in 2000, almost half the world population moved into cities, and by 2010, as estimated by the United Nations, the urban population will account for 55% of the total human population.

The quest for a better life has run through the urban history of mankind. Through different sub-themes, Expo 2010 will create blueprints for future cities and harmonious urban life styles, providing an extraordinary educational and entertaining platform for visitors of all nations:

●Blending of diverse cultures in the city

●Economic prosperity in the city

●Innovations of science and technology in the city

●Remodelling of communities in the city

●Interactions between urban and rural areas
Shangdesteel
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 31, 2009
I will go .

Haha, I'm in Nanjing.
intpages
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: World Expo 2010 Apr 16, 2010
Yap! This is one of the biggest events of the year. I hope I can go there.My friends want to go there too, so we are now looking for cheap flights shanghai from manila going to Shanghai. :D
bin03
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: World Expo 2010 Apr 29, 2010
The quest for a better life has run through the urban history of mankind. Through different sub-themes, Expo 2010 will create blueprints for future cities and harmonious urban life styles, providing an extraordinary educational and entertaining platform for visitors of all nations.

ITINERARY PROPOSAL:

Day 1 Arrive in Shanghai

Lunch | Dinner | Transportation: Air conditioned coach | Hotel: 4 to 5 Star

Arrive in Shanghai. Our local guide will meet you at airport and tranfer you to hotel for 2 nights stay. After lunch, proceed to visit the Bund, a well-known waterfront park which shows Shanghai in early 1930s; Yuyuan Garden, a maze of marvelous pavilions, ponds, little rock mountain and arching tress; Old Street and XinTianDi. Enjoy some free time to wonder around Nanjing Road, a famous commercial street. After dinner, you can enjoy an amazing Chinese acrobatics performance – a crowd favorite (Optional)!

Day 2 Shanghai

Breakfast: Hotel | Dinner | Transportation: Air conditioned coach | Hotel: 4 to 5 Star

Whole day visit the EXPO. (Visiting time: 10:00-17:00)

Day 3 Depart Shanghai

Breakfast: Hotel | Lunch | Transportation: Air conditioned coach

After breakfast, visit Shanghai Museum (without earphone), which is the biggest museum in China. Proceed to visit the Global Finance Center and enjoy a birds-eye view of Shanghai and the Huang Pu River. After lunch, a chartered bus will take you to airport for your onward flight to next destination or begin the journey back to HOME.

contact us
everspringtravel
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: World Expo 2010 Jun 11, 2010
I'm from China, I know some details about the world expo 2010, a lot of vistors come to world expo everyday in June, and more people will come in July. So you'd better come to Shanghai in August or Sep.
Thanks very much.
lvbagreplica
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around