Turkey - Week Long Boat Cruise

Topic locked
Turkey - Week Long Boat Cruise Sep 11, 2006
I have a colleague who went on one of these a couple of weeks ago and came back raving about how wonderful it is. Apparently she and her significant other were 1 of 6 couples, each couple has their own cabin with a small washroom on a boat (not a ship) and there is a cook and all. They spent their days drifting on the water, visiting various ports and just relaxing. Has anyone had the opportunity to do this? Any thoughts?

PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
On the subject of Turkey...I have been to Istanbul which is beautiful but is really cold during the winter. My aunt and uncle have a summer home in Antalya on the Mediteranean and they absolutely rave about it. It seems really gorg.

http://www.allaboutturkey.com/antalya.htm

PS Turkish food and men are yummy! :P
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 08, 2006
i have been Tukey many times and can tell you the cruise is wonderfull!

The country is incredible, rich with Ottoman and Byzantine History
Wonderfull Food... extremely friendly locals and weather to die for.

Favourite Cities
Istanbul,
Izmir,
Bodrum,
Antalya.

Recomended to eveyone.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 13, 2006
Good article if you are planning on travelling to Turkey

http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/11/12/t ... 5e&ei=5070
noni
Dubai chat master

Re: Turkey - Week Long Boat Cruise Nov 13, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:I have a colleague who went on one of these a couple of weeks ago and came back raving about how wonderful it is. Apparently she and her significant other were 1 of 6 couples, each couple has their own cabin with a small washroom on a boat (not a ship) and there is a cook and all. They spent their days drifting on the water, visiting various ports and just relaxing. Has anyone had the opportunity to do this? Any thoughts?

Sounds like fun. Details.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2006
I also heard about Pamukkale in Turkey. I think it's also a good lace to visit.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 02, 2006
Istanbul is a great city!
Afrodita's Daughter
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2007
Been to Istanbul, Izmir, Bursa etc. Lots of beautiful mosques, architectural masterpieces. Tasty food, mild weather, nice people, pretty girls :) Bursas's mnt. Uludag is a must-see place. Lots of picnic places in the mountains covered with pine trees. Cheers. :)
timo
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 26, 2007
weary_heart wrote:I also heard about Pamukkale in Turkey. I think it's also a good lace to visit.

Pamukkale - nice place to visit too. There is an impression that you are in front of hills covered with snow which is of course lime. The place is surrounded by fields where they grow grapes as far as i remember. Resembles Paradiso? :)
timo
Dubai Forums Member

Turkish expat. Apr 18, 2007
Hi, everybody I am a turkish expat in dubai.I would like to say that it is really nice to read your comments which made me feel more proud about my country.I am from istanbul if anyone needs help or asks for information, I really want to help you.
Additional information:North of turkey which called black sea is a really wonderful place with full of nature, if you like green mountains and sea with big wawes you would love it...!
kamil
Dubai Forum Guest

May 05, 2007
Was in Istanbul a few months back on a business trip. Beautiful, vibrant city. I regret not having enough free time on my hands to explore it and hope to go there on vacation soon.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around