Some Tricks For Cheap Airline Tickets...

Topic locked
Some tricks for cheap airline tickets... Feb 15, 2007
Just to let you know:

If you travel business class with Emirates starting in Europe, you pay the same price for roundtrip EU to DXB as for e.g. EU-DXB-PVG-HKG-DXB-EU. The beauty is you can book it as multiple destination trip with quite a long stop over period in betweeni.

I did this back in November 2006, so play around on Emirates website to check if it is still working.

Airline pricing is quite funny anyhow:

E.g. Lufthansa prices its tickets according to the language settings on their website (not by country of residene). E.g. AGP-FRA-AGP for 479 EUR in English settings, 199 EUR in Spanish settings (same seats, same plane)

The most astonishing experience I made with BA though (Club Europe Class):

London - Cayman Islands - London around 3200 GBP (roughly 4800 EUR)

DUS - London - Cayman Islands - London - DUS 1150 EUR
Ticket London-DUS-London roughly 400 EUR

So if you were a cheap bastard living in London, you would be better off by more than 3000 EUR simply by flying to DUS, then back to London, then entering the same flight and having the same seats as intended in the first place....

So its always worthwile playing around with airline website settings and starting destinations....

Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2007
Thats interesting !... i always wondered about this after watching a documentary on the BBC Travel show where they visited multiple destinations for the same price as a normal return ticket
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2007
Wow! That's interesting. Will keep in mind.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 08, 2007
That is amazing! Thanks for the information! will keep it in mind for next time!
sugarnspice
Dubai Forum User

Mar 13, 2007
any other tips on how to find cheap tickets...or maybe even some websites that i could search?

im looking for a good priced ticket for this summer but its all in the thousands...which im not too thrilled about
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around