Recommended Restaurants In Dubai By DF Members

Topic locked
Mar 19, 2009
For authentic Chinese food, go to Lam Kwai Fong or Spring Bamboo, near Lamcy/American Hospital. The one in Dragon Mart also taste Ok.

For Indonesian food, there are 4 restaurants in Dubai (all in Karama) and 2 in Abu Dhabi (all near Abu Dhabi mall).

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 19, 2009
Ohh, okay. Must try the Indonesian food there. :) And could anyone tell me where to eat buffet with cheap prices and good food? I would love to eat buffet when my budget is low there.
dodot
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 20, 2009
dodot wrote:Maybe i'll try the Chinese food in China Club. Chinese foods are great! Mexican food and Italian food would be nice too. Where can i find nice Mexican food and Italian food?

And do anyone know where to find Indonesian food? It's delicious and spicy! I love it so much.

There are quite a few Italians about. One I liked that springs to mind was in the Emirates Towers - I think it's called Mosaico.
dawnage
Dubai Forum User

Mar 20, 2009
dodot wrote:Ohh, okay. Must try the Indonesian food there. :) And could anyone tell me where to eat buffet with cheap prices and good food? I would love to eat buffet when my budget is low there.

Let me know if you need the location of Indonesian restaurants and type of foods you like.

Buffet for which kind of food? Looks like you like (spicy) Asian foods, so there you go:
For Indonesian, I'm not sure if they still serve buffet on weekend in Mutiara restaurant (opp Centrepoint/Spinneys on Trade Centre Road, Karama).
For Pakistani, there's Al Ibrahimi in Karama.
For Indian, there's one in SZR (between interchange 2 & 3, on the same line of car showrooms).
For Thai, on some days at Baitong restaurant in Karama.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 23, 2009
My two favorites:

Frankie's in Oasis beach towers, Dubai marina. Nice atmosphere, good food. Not as designish as other Dubai restaurants, more cozy.

Miyako in Hyatt Regency, great teppanyaki, love the live cooking tables!

I am a bit spoiled since I worked in this business for six years and I am pretty much fed up with all the designed places in Dubai where neither service or knowledge is up to standards...but they do charge you a huge pile of money. Hopefully this changes now and the pricing levels will adjust with the changed market.
Christofer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 07, 2009
Asha's at Wafi city has got to be the best Indian Restraunt ever!!!

If you're into buffet Al Mona at Madinat Jumeira is the best buffet I have been able to find....its just phenominal!!

And if you want a sit down american restraunt....NOTHING LIKE TGI FRIDAYS!!
anaqvi86
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 17, 2009
i have been told if you would like to find places to eat try http://www.menu.ae
mckenzie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 18, 2009
anaqvi86 wrote:And if you want a sit down american restraunt....NOTHING LIKE TGI FRIDAYS!!

Unfortunately TGI Fridays (which use to be a nice place to go a casual evening) is more like a Mcdonals in this country. Not a restaurant.
Christofer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 18, 2009
The best ushi I ever had was at Bentoya!

THe little buildings next to the Dusit DUbai, the one with Sketchers in the bottom, Bentoya is round the back - awsome - love it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 18, 2009
anaqvi86 wrote:And if you want a sit down american restraunt....NOTHING LIKE TGI FRIDAYS!!

[quote="Christofer"]Unfortunately TGI Fridays (which use to be a nice place to go a casual evening) is more like a Mcdonals in this country. Not a restaurant.[/quote}

First of all...Mcdonalds is also a restaraunt...its called a fast food restaraunt and TGI's any where in the world is the same....i mean i was in Dubai around a month ago and ate at Friday's back then...and its the same as any sit down american restraunt is anywhere else in the world....minus the booz!
anaqvi86
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 19, 2009
anaqvi86 wrote:

Christofer wrote:Unfortunately TGI Fridays (which use to be a nice place to go a casual evening) is more like a Mcdonals in this country. Not a restaurant.

First of all...Mcdonalds is also a restaraunt...its called a fast food restaraunt and TGI's any where in the world is the same....i mean i was in Dubai around a month ago and ate at Friday's back then...and its the same as any sit down american restraunt is anywhere else in the world....minus the booz!

Except the fact that Fridays originaly is a bar, with tables you can sit and drink and eat at if you want. And this is how you find it everywhere excpet for here.

Don't take me wrong, I like the food there, but it is more of a shopping lunch fast food joint than the bar it is supposed to be around here.
Christofer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 06, 2009
great info people
If am think about Italian then Don Carlion Metropolitan Hotel SZR
ma ma mi ya
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 22, 2009
gazeebo...just love the food
senorita
Dubai Forum Visitor