Recommended Bars By DF Member In Dubai.

Topic locked
Recommended Bars by DF member in Dubai. Feb 25, 2007
For the forum "infidels" bars you recommend. Choice of cocktail, music, ambiance, price, food, etc.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2007
i've not had much of a chance to get out and about in Dubai - so interested to see what places people recommend......

So......where's good?
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 27, 2007
Barasti, at the Mina Seyahi Meridian Hotel (at the Marina - on saffouf road is good). Outdoors, live music, etc. Gets packed on the weekends and intolerable in the summer - Recently renovated. And sheesha for those who partake..
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2007
Harvester at Crowne Plaza has great ambience and the food is very good too.

I didnt like the one directly below Apres at the Mall of the Emirates was terrible
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 07, 2007
Irish Village - top place with crummy service but the Guinness is good.

Fibber Mcgees (behind Crowne Plaza) - small dingy little pub - more pommy than Irish - good pub grub, and some live entertainment. good to watch sports.

Jambase (my current fave) - nice place, wide array of drinks available, great food if you wish to dine, and live Jazz entertainment. At Madinat Jumeirah.

Trader Vics - 2 locations - usually a bit cramp - has a wicked line up of cocktails including the infamous tiki puka puka - food is good but overpriced. Locations are Crowne Plaza and Madinat Jumeirah - MJ is better.

The Agency - 2 places - cosmopolitan wine bar - the wine is good and priced OK - nice for a quiet drink before heading out - located at Madinat Jumeirah and Emirates Towers - both good.

Scarlett's at Emirates Towers - food is ok but you'd be hard pressed to get served. Ladies night is a sausage fest, but overall priced well. Standard array of beverages.

Cin Cin - top of the fairmont. Upmarket wine bar. Quite nice, a little on the pricey side but a good place to go with a significant other.

Vintage - not as good as Cin Cin - tends to be a bit more poserish than substance.

Left Bank Madinat Jumeirah - can get very crowded and the seats are generally uncomfortable but tends to attract a good crowd.

I will write more summaries later.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 07, 2007
Ian i have to find time to hang out with you :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2007
Ian, did you forget to include a "reptilian" sounding joint as well as a establishment named after a "weather" created event?

I know at least one person who would be disappointed that these are not mentioned - although he hasn't been on the forum for eons!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2007
Concord wrote:Ian, did you forget to include a "reptilian" sounding joint as well as a establishment named after a "weather" created event?

LOL!

Rattlesnake - think the Titty Twister from Dusk Til Dawn. Drinks are most likely spiked with aphrodesiacs and the place is full of hookers.

Cyclone - never been there.
^ian^

Mar 07, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Rattlesnake - think the Titty Twister from Dusk Til Dawn.

But no Cheech :(
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 08, 2007
looks like a group of bozos in here :lol:
THE COVENANT
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2007
fayz wrote:

but some (ching) chong might love you long time... :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 11, 2007
constantine wrote:
fayz wrote:

Ouch!
^ian^

Mar 11, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
constantine wrote:
fayz wrote:

Ouch!

dude that wasnt meant for fayz...i meant the general population of rattlesnake most nights are from the far east....dang that got totally out of context....you know cheech and chong...chong a slang for girls from the far east...it was a general comment... :P
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 15, 2007
I would add Double Decker purely because it's the only pub I've been in with a good turnout of women who aren't there on "business".

360 at Jumeirah simply for people watching

Bhudda bar at Grovesnor too
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 16, 2007
scot1870 wrote:I would add Double Decker purely because it's the only pub I've been in with a good turnout of women who aren't there on "business".

I've been warned that the food there is horrible. A good place to watch sports - loads of screens. With respect to the women and "business" I've heard different but...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2007
concord wrote:
I've been warned that the food there is horrible. A good place to watch sports - loads of screens. With respect to the women and "business" I've heard different but...

i ate there last night for the first time had steak and kidney pie with mashed potato, the mash was the best i have tasted for a while and the pie was exellent big peices of meat lots of sauce and well presented wasnt the cheapest but overall exellent

i reccomend players lounge for a footie fest on saturdays normally 5 different games on

though for some reason they haven't shown the mighty TRANMERE ROVERS yet

tony
prenton01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 19, 2007
The new Sports Bar at Al Manzil Hotel has become my new haunt - pretty new and they have all the good sports on.

Forget it's name, something weird though.
^ian^

Apr 08, 2007
I like the Apres @ MOE - at least for the music (good classic chillout/lounge... none of yer haouse & r'n'b sh*t), the atmosphere is good, wine isn't that expensive and snacks are okay. Get a table, share the wine, good stuff.

Why isn't anyone mentioning Qd's? Is it ut of fashion? Doesn't look like that. A table for two right atthe waterfront, sheesha, good shish tawook and mozarella sticks for snacking.

Buddha Bar is absolutely impressive but the crowd goe unfortunately too big and way too many hookers.

Cyclone??? Sweet Jeez - it's NOT a bar - rather a Zoo. But it's so sick you gotta see it some time.

Peace out
dubaimisfit
Dubai Forums Member

May 05, 2007
Bar Zar at Madinat Jumeirah. The terrace in 2nd floor is so COOL. Jazz music was awesome too.

Ratings: Excellent
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 05, 2007
1897 in Kempinski Mall of the Emirates is an awesome joint ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2007
The Blues Bar which is pretty allright. This thursday I went which was packed the music was really really good. I mean if youre really into nice Blues Music. This is located in Novotel

Then I went to the Launch of the Tube Club which is allright in Al Habtoor.

Then there is Chi which was The Lodge located in Al Nasr Leisure Land beside Cyclone which is also good.

Then theres also 360's which I havent been to but I heard its a nice place but dont know the exact location
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around