Petra.

Topic locked
Petra. Sep 03, 2006
Ok, about time :wink:

I am interested in going to Petra from Dubai.

Anyone been there, recommendations, what else to do on short trip besides Petra. No other real interest in Jordan other than Petra.

Thanks.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
ive been there last year. it was a long walk (though i had horseback riding but only until al siq entrance) but as soon as i reached 'el khazneh', it was all worth it.

petra is truly a spectacular rose-red city.

about the tour operator, i dont exactly remember the name of the company, it was locally arranged i amman.

the tour package includes trip to petra, wadi moussa, as far as aqaba.

try to inquire with emirates holidays. they have good deal of tour packages. :wink:
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 04, 2006
Petra is defo an awesome thing to do. Petra is next to Wadi Ram and Aqaba. And actually an airline called Jordan Aviation flies direct from Dubai to Aqaba for 500 dhs.

Petra needs more than one day IMHO its so huge i would suggest you go for those night trips in Wadi Ram which are smilar to the desert safari ones in dubai .. and if you want beach and sun Aqaba is the pace to go.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
btw, i stayed in movenpick in petra .. but i wasnt impressed with the hotel (and mind you its the best option available in petra). I heard hotels in aqaba are much better you might wanna do that.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
How does one get fro Aqaba to Petra? Tour bus, taxi, drive, etc. What's the recommended option?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
Concord wrote:How does one get fro Aqaba to Petra? Tour bus, taxi, drive, etc. What's the recommended option?

As i said you can fly directly from Dubai to Aqaba and then take a taxi to Petra. If you fly into Amman then you can either take a bus from Amman (called Jet bus) or a taxi. I personally rented a car since i like driving but the highway at night can be quite the ride !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
Less hours of car travel will be required if you will come from Aqaba compared to a couple of hours if you're coming from Amman.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 04, 2006
Been to Petra 7-8 years ago... It was gorgeous and if you're an Indiana Jones fan you'll definitely want to watch Temple of Doom before going there as that's where the shots with the temple were filmed :D
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around