Investors Are Asked Not To Invest In Pakistan Stock Exchange

Topic locked
Investors are asked not to invest in Pakistan stock exchange Jan 13, 2009
Sacked investors requested all other national and foreign investors to withdraw their money from stock exchanges (Karachi Stock Exchange KSE, Lahore Stock Exchange LSE and ISE) as a protest. Pakistan people party government has not accepted any public demand yet. They should provide some sort of relief to people suffering miseries. Thousands of people including me are looking towards them. Small Pakistani stock exchanges investors asked government to provide them financial assistance. Small investors demanded that those investors who invested in the range of 50,000 to five lakh rupees should be given financial assistance since nothing is left with them. Could you believe that I invested 200,000 rupees in Lahore stock exchanges (LSE) and left with 0.00 balance! Our family is feeling as we are robbed by dacoits. I do not consider it fair business. I wonder whether it is business at all. Large numbers of people advised me not to invest in stock exchange since the stock exchange deprived many families from all of their wealth. Majority of people consider stock exchange business as gamboling and scam. Visit my website for details

jmlthr
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 13, 2009
What the f. are you thinking?
Investing in the stock market is risky business. Every sane investor knows that. I invested in the EU, US and Canada markets too, and lost about $8000 from the dip in August, although I thought I bought in cheap for a value investor (historically it was exceptionally cheap for my portfolio). So what, you know the risks! O, and I'm definately not rich either.
The years of low hanging fruit are over. Lessons are learned. Next time your wide awake. At least I am now.

Surely I felt bad for a week or two, and managed to get some remaining money out that I later reinvested into mining stocks worldwide. This move recouped some of my losses for about 20 percent making use of the volatility out there.
Plus, more importantly, it gave me a superincentive to investigate the market thoroughly. And I must say, it didn't make me worse off. Just 4 months of extensive study in world politics, macroeconomics and intermarket relations. It gained me alot.

Still investments are your own risk. Even the best value investors are down under. Warren Buffet wrote down 18 percent of his capital wealth last year. Not that it hurts him.

I think it is crazy to blame the market dealers for it. Moreover, stock market transactions are your decisions, what liability do they carry for that?

:drunken:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 13, 2009
edit. double post.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 24, 2009
the markets around the world have had a dip, not just pakistan
emzy
Dubai Forum User

Aug 19, 2009
Stock markets are a risky business. People in the West have had their old age plans go underwater. If you had gained 700% would you have complained and donated money to the government to get rid of the miseries of people in say the NWFP?

Next time around invest in a cold coffee parlor selling sandwiches. That may not get such huge returns but if it collapses you will able able to sell the appliances, coffee beans and left over milk.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Pakistan stock market Aug 27, 2009
emzy wrote:the markets around the world have had a dip, not just pakistan

Agree with you in totality. However, there are many people who take inordinate risks in stock markets, some gain hugely while others' fortunes are wiped out. If a person had been investing in blue chips it is unlikely the person's fortunes would be wiped out and when the stock market rose his/her fortunes would be partially restored.
The initial solution suggested in the thread is certainly not acceptable. Why should a government subsidize the loss?
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around