How Many Countries Have You Been To?

Topic locked
How many countries have you been to? Jan 06, 2009
You have to have been at least for 2 days, spoken a few sentences to a local, and eaten/drank something from that country even if it was just a fruit or water. :P

I've been to 30.

puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 06, 2009
I have been to more than 20 cities around the world as my husband is in tour always. I have tasted so many dishes around the world.
coleenvin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 06, 2009
So what about a new section in this board to share cooking expiriences??

I´m a male but i like to cook
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 09, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:So what about a new section in this board to share cooking expiriences??

I´m a male but i like to cook

So what do want do you want some recipe??????????????
coleenvin
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 12, 2009
not much, only around Europe
denicka
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 21, 2009
Bah, your strict criteria rules out a memorable leap on to a Guatemalan riverbank while I nervously eyed around for crocodiles, as well as single nights spent in Finland and Latvia drinking the local poisons. Oh, and Belgium.

So, otherwise, my grand total is 20, which sounds ridiculously low when I consider how I often I seem to board planes.
dawnage
Dubai Forum User

Mar 11, 2009
i've been in france and tunisia
dima_algeria
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 13, 2009
dawnage wrote:Bah, your strict criteria rules out a memorable leap on to a Guatemalan riverbank while I nervously eyed around for crocodiles, as well as single nights spent in Finland and Latvia drinking the local poisons. Oh, and Belgium.

So, otherwise, my grand total is 20, which sounds ridiculously low when I consider how I often I seem to board planes.

Up to 21 since last weekend's trip to Oman... I'll check back next month after my Indian holiday. :D
dawnage
Dubai Forum User

Mar 14, 2009
umm Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Lebanon, USA, Belgium, UK, Canada.
8 :(
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 10, 2009
dawnage wrote:
dawnage wrote:Bah, your strict criteria rules out a memorable leap on to a Guatemalan riverbank while I nervously eyed around for crocodiles, as well as single nights spent in Finland and Latvia drinking the local poisons. Oh, and Belgium.

Up to 21 since last weekend's trip to Oman... I'll check back next month after my Indian holiday. :D

Well if you've spent a few single nights in Finland and Lativia we can total them up. go ahead include Guatemala and the crocodiles. hehe. I'm going to Antigua. First time.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 10, 2009
8 and im only 18 :)
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 10, 2009
Hello. Wow you people are really globe trotters! Only a few myself. Some I visited several times though. Germany, Mexico, USA mainland, Hawaii, Puerto rico. The ole man is retired there. Did some sailing with him years ago on the carribean. That was an adventure. lol I'm half a century old.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2009
puppypup wrote:
dawnage wrote:

Well if you've spent a few single nights in Finland and Lativia we can total them up. go ahead include Guatemala and the crocodiles. hehe. I'm going to Antigua. First time.

I can now add India to the list. Do I get double points for catching an infection there which has required antibiotics? :lol:
dawnage
Dubai Forum User

Apr 25, 2009
^We can consider antibiotics as food. :lol:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 25, 2009
About all some of you people have left to do now, is be the first on the space tourist jet that goes into space. It's launch must be soon now I believe. A mere 100K a seat I think to be on it. I wil have to do some more research on it and report back. Who gets first bragging rights?Image http://canuckbid.wordpress.com/
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

May 17, 2009
Iraq, Quwait, Syrie, UAE, Kenya, England, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany and i live in Holland.

hopefully many more countries to come!
Wid
Dubai Forum User

May 27, 2009
UAE is the first foreign country I've been to :D
intpages
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 03, 2009
23 for me, not counting one night in Bankok (and that's a song title).

I was stuck on 21 for ages then remembered the Maldives and Kuwait :D

24 if Gibraltar counts as a country...
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 03, 2009
What did you did during the 1 night in Bangkok? Isn't it strange that it sounds like Bang KOK---take out a K and add a C and another C.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 04, 2009
puppypup wrote:What did you did during the 1 night in Bangkok? Isn't it strange that it sounds like Bang KOK---take out a K and add a C and another C.

Naughty. I was there for a business trip, but during the day I also went to see the Golden Palace, and night time I stayed in my hotel alone, very unusual for me to be good, maybe I was ill......

One Night in Bangkok (CHESS) Murray Head.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2009
^ David Carradine just died in Thailand. Creepy. Yeah, I liked Kung Fu. I'm entitled to like Asian themed stuff even though I'm not Asian.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 05, 2009
OMG just realized Thailand is pronounced TIE-LAND. :shock:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 15, 2009
Ohh My list is So Small.... Mine Is Just 8!!.......
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 16, 2009
japan,singapore,france,holland,italy,austria,germany,hungary,romania & monaco.
judith09
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 16, 2009
judith09 wrote:japan,singapore,france,holland,italy,austria,germany,hungary,romania & monaco.

Boy o Boy!..... nice!.......
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 17, 2009
17 Countries, 102 Cities
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 23, 2009
I was in the UK recently for my first ever visit. I stayed in London and Edinburgh and move around in Scotland. In some way they seemed like two different countries.
I interacted quite intensively with some Scots during a climb and found them to be quite different from the Brits in London.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2009
I LIKE ASIA, SUCH AS SOUTH KOREA , HONGKONG AND SOME EUROPEAN COUNTRIES, GERMAN \FRANCE
chinascarf
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 29, 2009
vistasad wrote:I was in the UK recently for my first ever visit. I stayed in London and Edinburgh and move around in Scotland. In some way they seemed like two different countries.
I interacted quite intensively with some Scots during a climb and found them to be quite different from the Brits in London.

Er, they ARE different countries!

Also the world over you will find people from large cities very different from people from smaller cities or towns. That's quite normal and there are various psychological and sociological reasons for it ;)

Edinburgh is a very civilised city. You could have walked down Union Steet in Glasgow after 11 pm, and you would have found another side of the UK also :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
vistasad wrote:I was in the UK recently for my first ever visit. I stayed in London and Edinburgh and move around in Scotland. In some way they seemed like two different countries.

Er, they ARE different countries!

Also the world over you will find people from large cities very different from people from smaller cities or towns. That's quite normal and there are various psychological and sociological reasons for it ;)

Edinburgh is a very civilised city. You could have walked down Union Steet in Glasgow after 11 pm, and you would have found another side of the UK also :D

Point taken and I did some research. It's like having a Schengen visa and moving from Holland to Belgium. I found that Scotland has its own parliament and PM.
Wish people wrote in more detail about their experiences especially food. I tried Haggis and found it strange and varied. I had it a few more times and quite liked it. I was told Haggis is now being served in select London restaurants. Maybe we will see it in Dubai eateries?
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around