How Many Countries Have You Been To?

Topic locked
Aug 27, 2009
Haggis is tasty if it's well spiced, and is now claimed to be an English rather than Scottish dish. This was in the UK news and backed up by some research or other. This was in response I think to some Scot claiming to have invented Chicken Tikka Masala, the bland and bright red version of curry acceptable to most British palates and on sale all over the UK (though there are many very good Indo/Pak restaurants in the UK also). :D

Haggis is English, historian says:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8180791.stm

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:23 for me, not counting one night in Bankok (and that's a song title).

I was stuck on 21 for ages then remembered the Maldives and Kuwait :D

24 if Gibraltar counts as a country...

I can now add Hong Kong and Bali to the list, and I forgot the Channel Islands so 27! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2009
Still stuck on 59 countries and have been for a few years now.Was travelling all over the place for about 25 years.Then i got bored of flying and bored of airports.
Have also been to a few countries more than once like Ukraine 15 times,Canada 12 times,Australia 6 times.(i`ve only counted different countries though)But since i`ve got married all we seem to do is go back to the countries i`ve already visited.
So maybe next year i`ll get to the 60 mark with family in tow.
stevebrt
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 15, 2009
I have been to 80 cities in 23 countries, in Asia, North America and Europe.
rosamund
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 07, 2009
about 15, and 90 % in europe...
NooleV
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 13, 2009
Prague, Karlovy Vary..both in Chzech Rep. Very nice...was twice in Prague....nice history and best architecture.
Istanbul, Turkey...twice....gooooood kabab. Waw.....second time I went just for eating it:)) ..and nice leather clothes.
Seoul, Korea....technology at her home.
Bahrain....:))..all the cities, as the city is half hour by car. Nice sweets! And nice sea landscapes.
Paris, France....expensive shopping, but nice city....history and of course Louvre Museum, Sena river dinner.
Cairo, Egypt....try not to cross the street, as u may end dead:)...but nice city, very crowded and dusty. Be care about hotels...as u may choose a cheap one and end sleeping on used sheets. I stayed Intercontinental City...recommendation.
Inside UAE...everywhere, but a must is Fujairah resort...
Mekka, Madina, KSA....nice cities, only if u are a Muslim, as for sure u are going to pray. Is not allowed to wear revealing clothes.
Athens, Greece....nice nice....old city, culture and nice shops. and u may buy a fake designer bag from the Somali vendours running around with sheets full of LV or Prada bags:)
Bucharest, Constantza, Iasi, Brasov(beautiful mountains), Cluj, Danube Delta(fishing), ......many more..all in Romania...all culture and history.
Onita
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 14, 2009
I've been to Dubai and many cities in India..
picolini
Dubai Forum User

Oct 30, 2009
50 so far, 34 since moving to the Middle East in 1986
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 23, 2009
I was in Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, Egypt, Israel and Palestine. Now I live in Poland.
Parisienne
Dubai Forum User

Re: How many countries have you been to? Apr 17, 2010
I have been to Thailand, Malaysia, Maldives, Turkey, Indonesia so far.
statbat
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How many countries have you been to? Apr 20, 2010
i've been to Korea, Hongkong, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, UK and France. I'm living here in Dubai for a year now. Looking forward to more tours this year. :D
tamagochi
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: How many countries have you been to? Apr 26, 2010
Hong Kong and Tai Wan, they are not countries. They are parts of China.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around