Holidays In Paris

Topic locked
holidays in Paris Feb 01, 2008
Hello,

If you need any informations for preparing your trip in Paris, you can check my blog : http://kantanfrance.vox.com/
Feel free to contact me I'll help you with pleasure :wink:

C U there

David

davidofff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 09, 2008
I just came back from Paris and I tried for the first time a dinner cruise on the Seine. Very romantic indeed and good food. For 50 Euros, this cruise is certainly the best value around. It starts from near the Eiffel tower (on the island at the Bir-Hakeim bridge) at 8:30pm on weekdays (I read somewhere that the departure time is different on weekends). Absolutely gorgeous, with all the monuments passing by one after another. We left our table a few minutes to see Saint Michel and Notre Dame from the roof deck, it's like we could almost touch the bridges there, we waved to the onlookers, that's a great experience, no doubt. Link to the boat's page (it's in english too):
http://www.croisiere-paris.com/
restarinto
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 12, 2009
I have been there,nice place but don't drive the car there it is a madness
denicka
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 04, 2009
I love Paris. I think the architecture is fantastic . I always stay on the Left Bank of the Seine , known as the Latin Quarter. Notre Dame Cathedral is on Ile de la Cite in the Middle of the Seine. Check the next little peaceful ,upmarket island, called Ile St Louis, linked by bridge to Ile de la Cite . Cross the Seine to the Left Bank and walk Boulevard St Germain to Boulevard St Michel . Go over the hill to Rue Mouffetard . It is fantastic on a Saturday morning. It is like rural village France. The wonderful mixture of odours from the boulangeries; patisseries ; cheese shops and flower shops are intoxicating. A village brass band plays near the church at the bottom of the hill.
Go to the narrow cobbled streets packed with good value Greek Restaurants[, near Place St Michel ] , where a lot of traditional plate-smashing goes on.
A bridge links Place St Michel to Ile de la Cite [ where Paris was born] .
Check out www.eiffel-tower.co.uk for more info and VERY GOOD hotel prices for Paris .
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2009
I was last in Paris two years ago. I went on my own for the rugby international , France V Wales. I walked 7 miles through the wonderful streets on the Thursday and a further 7 miles on the Friday, stopping here and there for a cafe au lait or a biere.
I really enjoyed it. I walked the length of the Champs Elysees [ always start at the Arc de Triomphe and walk DOWNHILL. It is about 3 miles. NEVER walk uphill. Take a taxi or Metro to the Arc de Triomphe to start your essential stroll down the greatest street in Europe, stopping at cafes along the way, to people-watch. Go down the side streets for cheaper bars and restaurants. Careful in Paris!! They charge a LOT more for a drink sitting down, than standing at the bar. A pint of lager in many bars , 2 years ago, was about £5 sterling. With the high value of the Euro, I hear it works out over £7 a pint now. Stick to wine . Food is not so bad. The Greek restaurants of the Left Bank are GREAT value. see www.eiffel-tower.co.uk . Click hotels on some of those links. GREAT DEALS !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 24, 2009
Hi There !!

I love to go to Paris. Thanks for the blog. Please give me some tips to prepare for a trip to Paris.
annete.duffel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 25, 2009
Go to the Left Bank. Very atmospheric. I love the Greek restaurants near Boulevard St Michel.

Huge difference in drinks prices between bars in prominent positions and those round the corner in a quiet street.

See the links from www.visit-the-world.co.uk , to all sorts of locations.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
Paris is fantastic!!! I proposed to my fiance there, very romantic atmosphere.
kmann
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 28, 2009
Used to live in Paris several years ago. It's still one of top 5 cities I've ever been. Though it could get very crowded in the summer due to tourists.

Go to the off-beaten places like Chinatown (13th district), Pantin (Northeast), and flea markets (East and North). Vincennes and Versailles outskirt of Paris are also great.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
If anyone wants to come to paris, I'd be happy to help, I'm 19 lived 4 years in california and the rest of my life in or around paris. I know everything there is to know about this city. Also, the eiffel tower and the left bank's nice and all but I know a much better spot on the right bank, it's the highest spot you can see all of paris, it's really romantic especially at night about 9 or 10pm. ;)
SiciloBylka94
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 11, 2009
SiciloBylka94 wrote:If anyone wants to come to paris, I'd be happy to help, I'm 19 lived 4 years in california and the rest of my life in or around paris. I know everything there is to know about this city. Also, the eiffel tower and the left bank's nice and all but I know a much better spot on the right bank, it's the highest spot you can see all of paris, it's really romantic especially at night about 9 or 10pm. ;)

Sacre Coeur is very beautiful. The red light district around Pigalle is also interesting. But overall need to be cautious in Northern Paris especially at late night time. Lots of thugs there.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
Yes Sacre Coeur.
Pigalle is not very dangerous because all the mafioso's are around there. The dangerous parts of Paris are Stalingrad, La goutte d'or, riquet, crimée, 19th, 20th district. Now I'm not a tourist... maybe for tourists it's dangerous. The dangerous ones aren't thugs but drug addicts. They'll knife you for 1 euro. Some tips for you all coming to Paris:
- Don't stare at youngsters
- If you get robbed don't try to be the tough guy, I've seen more than one doing and that and ending up really bad.
- Don't go around the northern and eastern parts of Paris with luxurious items.
- Don't go in the suburbs, it's not brasil but it's not heaven.

Now it's only tips, do what you want but I know Paris very well as well as the suburbs, I live in them, south suburbs Val-De-Marne. Usually you never get attacked for nothing, it's maybe because you provoked first (by staring for example).

But Paris is not Brasil, no need to be scared to death either, just be cautious.
SiciloBylka94
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 14, 2009
SiciloBylka94 wrote:Yes Sacre Coeur.
Pigalle is not very dangerous because all the mafioso's are around there. The dangerous parts of Paris are Stalingrad, La goutte d'or, riquet, crimée, 19th, 20th district. Now I'm not a tourist... maybe for tourists it's dangerous. The dangerous ones aren't thugs but drug addicts. They'll knife you for 1 euro. Some tips for you all coming to Paris:
- Don't stare at youngsters
- If you get robbed don't try to be the tough guy, I've seen more than one doing and that and ending up really bad.
- Don't go around the northern and eastern parts of Paris with luxurious items.
- Don't go in the suburbs, it's not brasil but it's not heaven.

Now it's only tips, do what you want but I know Paris very well as well as the suburbs, I live in them, south suburbs Val-De-Marne. Usually you never get attacked for nothing, it's maybe because you provoked first (by staring for example).

But Paris is not Brasil, no need to be scared to death either, just be cautious.

i lived in paris several years ago. 15th district, very close to montparnasse. probably the best area for living ;)

that's what i called thugs. so many gangsta/rapper-type youngsters, mostly from africa or northern africa origin. also some old drunkers. but i never get robbed there, probably because i never roamed around dangerous areas, and never looking for trouble.

i went to northern/eastern suburbs only to visit flea markets (porte de clignancourt, porte de montreuil). i love to see unique things sold there. or when traveling via paris nord station.

i missed living there. paris is still #2 of my favorite place (outside home country, after italy).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 16, 2009
Can anyone help me out here..

Where to visit in Paris & things to do..? help..!!! Tks all... =)
alisonwhite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 16, 2009
alisonwhite wrote:Can anyone help me out here..
Where to visit in Paris & things to do..? help..!!! Tks all... =)

so many places to see. it will help if you can give us more information about how long you'll stay and what interests you.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: holidays in Paris May 08, 2013
Paris is an awesome plave to visit. Two times, I have been there.
nathanvaughan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Holidays In Paris May 12, 2013
I love paris because of the fashion. if i would like to see some fashion related stuff where should i go in paris.
Judij
BANNED

Re: Holidays In Paris May 29, 2013
davidofff , wow great blog
outdoor9213
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Holidays In Paris Aug 03, 2013
Hey,

How would Paris be for kids? I know there is Disneyland over there, but don't think I would want to spend all my time there :P

Any help would be appreciated! :)
TechieNerd
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Holidays In Paris Sep 04, 2013
Hey Techienerd, Paris is awsome i took my kids by rofor UK Dover they loved paris then we drove to Disney Land we were there for about three days, it was good rained alittle but didnt deter them from spending my money, i liked it they loved it food was kind of expensive hotel was brilliant... Circus (something it was called) really nice and plush, but will have to say that i would never take my kids there again because the french at the disney resort were racist and alos the staff at one of the restuarant i tought her a valid lesson... silly stroppy C$%.

other wise the experience was good paris is a must, it not go see Barcelona La ramble st excellent, but for kids Disney land for a day or two is nice even the adults can have a nice time.

Hope that helps a little

PS if you get stuck any were you can get a passport for you and your family from the TURD (A PILE OF SHITE) elioburi who assumes that they can make fake passports for any nationalitry,

i ask for an Isrealy passport they havnt got back to me yet.. haha

Good luck
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Holidays In Paris Mar 14, 2014
I will be there about a week. Im very exciting :P went there 10 years ago. It must be changed.
Diamondgirl020
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Holidays In Paris May 07, 2014
Wow! nice blog......
ramkeshplt
Dubai Forum User

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around