Do Dubai

Topic locked
do Dubai Nov 05, 2007
Hello to all,

I’m new here so don’t mind if I posted this in the wrong place :roll:
Ok, so I want to come to Dubai in December and I need to know if I must have a visa.
I live in Romania, which is a member of Schengen and EU.
My plan is to visit Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Are there any restrictions for Abu Dhabi if I get to Dubai, as an European? I really have no clue, and since that’s the first time a come in the Golf don’t mind me for asking all this things…
Thanks in advance!

razzvan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 05, 2007
Visa on arrival
No restrictions travelling between the emirates
Enjoy
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2007
:roll:
Ok, and now comes the hard one: I'm planning to come in UAE with my car. And I don't know how hard is to get a visa in KSA, Lebanon...
I mean...would it be easier if I come via Egypt (ferry from Greece) and KSA to Dubai, or passing trough Turkey and Lebanon would be a better solution?

Thanks!
razzvan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 08, 2007
:D :D :D :D :D :D
You need to read a book called They Saddle Dogs, Greg Hunt.
He Drove from Abu Dhabi Through KSA, Egypt and up to the UK. Lots of hassles with visas with a car specially in Egypt.

Can't you just ship it?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2007
hm...noo
That's the whole point in doing this: that I get to drive trough sunny, new places :lol: I know, call me insane, but I think it will be great.
Scarlet, thanks for the book rec. By my knowledge in Egypt is very easy to get a visa. But in KSA.... :roll:
Is not my first time when a do a trip like this. I drove one time form Romania to Norway, and back again trough France and Italy..about 7000km. So I'm used to it :roll:
razzvan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 08, 2007
are you male/female - travelling on your own?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2007
I'm a 23 boy :oops:
Is that a bad thing? 8) and yes, I like driving around alone. It makes me feel great sometimes.
razzvan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 11, 2007
No. just that if you were female or travelling with an unrelated female it would be a problem passing through saudi
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 13, 2007
No, I like travelling alone. Beside, one of my best friends lives in Doha and works at Qatar Airlines...so I'm thinking about paying her a lil' visit. By the way..have u any ideea if my driving licence is good in Qatar/Dubai? I heard that the ones given there are world-wide recognized .. I have a driving licence from Romania and one from UK....so...would that be ok? :roll:
razzvan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 03, 2008
Scarlet (or anyone) - do you know where I could buy the Greg Hunt "They Saddle Dogs" book from online.

Thinking of driving back to the UK once my time is up in Dubai.

Lots of good reviews of it on google but can't seem to find an online bookstore that sells it.

Cheers.
philh
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 05, 2008
Thanks buddies
dubaihotels
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 05, 2009
There is a lot of travel info on www.visit-dubai.co.uk. Some good descriptions .
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
This forum is not very active . In fact this thread is almost completely dead , so I thought I'd bring it back to life!!

More stuff on visit-dubai.co.uk now.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around