Looking for job as Logistics Coordinator Sep 07, 2014
CURRICULUM VITAE

Arjun Ashok
ajju.arjunashok@gmail.com
Cell: +971-52-2946495

Personal Details:
Visa Status: Visit Visa Nationality: Indian Driving License: Qatar & India

Objective:

“To work in a globally competitive and dynamic environment that offers me a steep learning curve and enables me to enhance my skills. I seek a role wherein I would be able to put my knowledge into practice and where there is a sense of challenge and achievement with every step taken.”

Logistics Career:

Highly accomplished professional with 3+ years of experience in logistics (sea, air, land, & project cargo) with excellent exposure to office management, customer service, coordination and accounts. Consistently achieved all set objectives within well-defined parameters of cost, quality, time, profitability & resource utilization.

Educational Qualification:

M.B.A
M.B.A, with specialization in Marketing, from Bhavans-Siet Institute Of Management, Bangalore, India

Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
Graduation in BBM from Mangalore University (UGC & NAAC Accredited), India, 2003-2006. Graduation was with specialization in Advanced Marketing Management, Mangalore, India.

Work Experience:

Designation Responsibilities:
Coordinator
Qatar logistics W.L.L
Exclusive Partner for Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
(From May '11 – August ‘14)

• Handling Ocean Freight Operations.
• Import & Export Shipment Operations.
• Good experience in handling Export Shipments to GCC, Europe, America etc.
• Experience in Handling Personal Cargo.
• Get rates from Overseas Agents, FIDI & IAM agents for Personal Cargo.
• Arrange for Pre Move Survey for Personal cargo. Coordinate for Door-Door delivery.
• Preparation of Certificate of Origin for Export shipments.
• Preparing Bill of Lading as per Customer requirement for LC Shipments.
• Providing best rate to Customer for Import/Export related enquiries after negotiating with the Shipping Line.
• Negotiation and closing the deal.
• Following up with the customer for Shipment confirmation.
• Coordinating with overseas agents and Local Suppliers for all Import & Export Shipment Collection enquiries after getting confirmation from Customer.
• Coordinating with Warehouse team for loading and with transporter to Gate in the CNTR before the Vessel Cut Off.
• Providing Bill of Lading Instruction to Shipping Line, giving instructions to customer in preparing the Customs Clearance documents at Origin / Destination.
• Tracking the status of the shipment with Shipping Line / Overseas Agents and updating the same to the Customer.
• Advising the required types of Original documents to the Supplier/Customer and Chasing up on the same for the Custom Clearance at Origin and Destination
• Crosschecking the Customs Clearance documents and giving confirmation to customer / agents.
• Issuing Delivery Order.
• Arranging Delivery Order collection as soon as the shipment arrives and proceed with the Custom Clearance.
• Arranging Delivery as per confirmation from the Customer.
• Updating the Shipment status to Customer and providing POD once the Shipment is delivered.
• Invoicing and Submission to Accounts Department – Both Overseas agent invoice and Local invoice.
• Providing Best Service to Customer and keep them happy
• Reporting to Logistics Manager.

Business Development Executive
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.
(From Jan’07 – July’08)

• To search & recruit talented agents from different localities under the sales team thus meeting the sales
• To train & nurture the sales skills of the agents by sharing the knowledge of the insurance products.
• To evaluate and monitor performances of the team during appraisal.
• To provide sales support for the agents by procuring new sales data from business sources to obtain new clients.
• MIS of weekend records of the agents and achieved sales record to branch head and area manager.
• To motivate & develop confidence of agents by monthly meetings.
• Reporting to Branch Head & Operations Manager.

IT Skills

• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows-95, 98, 2000, XP Vista.
• Office Application: Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Oracle
• Other Skills: Basic HTML, Browsing Email etc.

Language Proficiency

Read, Write and Speak
English
Hindi
Malayalam

Skills
• Expert Coordination
• Influence and Negotiation
• Fast Learner & Quick Decision Maker.
• Professional Inter Personal Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
• Strategic Planning & Problem Solving.
• Maintaining good client relations
• Hard Working, Enthusiastic & Innovative.

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITY

Active participation in corporate events like Football, Cricket etc.

Declaration:

Thanking you for your time in going through my profile, I hereby declare that all the information provided in this resume is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Yours Faithfully
Arjun Ashok

Newintown
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted