Looking For A Job In Dubai

Topic locked
Looking for a job in Dubai Aug 01, 2006
Hi, i am currently located in Cyprus and i'm trying to find a job in Dubai.
The market here is very small and limited.

I have 12 years experience in IT industry in Greece & Cyprus, in distribution & corporate field.

If you can help me I would be obliged to you.

Thanks in advance,

George Fares
+35796354338
georgefar@gmail.com

Name: George Fares
Date of Birth: 25/4/1968
Place of Birth: Athens
Nationality: Greek
Address: 20, Valtetsiou str. – Nicosia
Phone Number: +357 96 354338, +357 22 102062

Professional Experience

2006 –
Galatariotis Ltd
IT & Telecoms Sales Executive: Preparation of tenders for the Government and semi-Government organisations, handling large and SMB corporate accounts, dealing with companies with global agreements, providing solutions in areas such as ERP/CRM, data security, disaster recovery, VoIP telephony, Lan/Wan design etc. Product presentations, sales meetings, cold-calling techniques were also my duties in order to achieve my sales target quota.

2004 – 2006
Prime IT Consultants Sales Manager: My duties have to do with the promotion of ERP/CRM solution, presentations to corporate accounts (SMB/SME market), closing the deal and negotiate the payment terms as well. Business plan preparation, sales forecasting and marketing activities are also some of my responsibilities.

2003 – 2004
Access Distribution
(Demstar Information Group) HP Product Manager: Responsible for the product lines of PCs, Servers, Networking & Storage, Notebooks & Handheld devices. Main duties were the marketing and distribution to a channel of 400 resellers all over Cyprus. Management of large corporate accounts (AC Nielsen, HS Data, GlobalIT, Hellenic Technical, Cyprus Airways, Otenet etc.), achieving increased revenues, profitability and market share.

2002 – 2003
Access Distribution
(Demstar Information Group) Software & B-Brands Product Manager: As below, with additional responsibilities towards Product Lines as: Atlas PC, D-Link Network Products, Watchguard Firewalls, Western Digital Storage Products, Belinea Monitors, Extreme PC Thin Client Solutions.

1999-2002
Access Distribution
(Demstar Information Group) Software Product Manager: In charge of the software unit. Developing marketing and sales strategies for IBM, Microsoft, Computer Associates and Network Associates products. Working under deadlines toward meeting targets, increasing sales revenue, increasing market growth. Management of large corporate accounts, organization of seminars and product presentations, providing pre-sales and after-sales support.

1999-1999
Cyprus Import Corporation Sales Executive: Working with tender preparation under specific deadlines, account management, business development.

1994-1998
IdealSoft Ltd Sales Executive: Responsible for selling IT solutions and promoting products and services to corporate clients. Also promoting software solutions to vertical markets that required a more specialized approach.

Education

1987 - 1990 Kontoravdi College of Technology Higher Diploma in I.T
1981 - 1987 Senior High School National Diploma in I.T

Certifications

December 2005 - Hewlett Packard Accredited Sales Professional
May 2004 - Selling ASP Proliant Solutions
May 2004 - Procurve Networking
December 2002 - Watchguard Certified Sales Professional
June 2001 - McAfee Certified Silver Partner (TSP Level)
July 2000 - Computer Associates Certified Sales Representative
December 1999 - Hewlett Packard Sales Professional on Desktop & Mobile PC’s
December 1999 - Hewlett Packard Digital Workplace Sales Professional

Seminars

June 2001 (Dubai) - Network Associates Active Security Training
May 2001 (Demstar Training) - Improving Sales Competitiveness
March 2001 (Demstar Training) - Modern Techniques for Wholesales
July 2000 (Tel Aviv Israel) - Computer Associates IT Products Sales Seminar
May 2000 (Windsor UK) - Network Associates Sniffer Sales Seminar

Languages

English - As mother tongue
Italian - Intermedio Certificate