Looking For A Job In Dubai

Topic locked
Looking for a job in Dubai Jan 04, 2008
I'm interested in moving to Dubai as I grew up there. I went there for a visit last year and fell in love with the place again so I would love to move back there.

I'm an Assistant Category Manager with Petro-Canada with 9 years marketing experience. I've been looking for a job in Dubai for the past 4 months using all the online recruitment sites I can find i.e. bayt.com and others but have not had any success. I'm surprised because I have not had any issues getting job offers in Canada and was successful at getting hired at Petro-Canada, one of the largest oil companies in Canada, so I assumed that if I didn't have any issues here that I would have any finding a job in Dubai which is apparently not the case

Any help or insight that anyone could provide me would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Celina

celina
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 04, 2008
Try contacting oil companies directly - read a book called What color is my Parachute first. Or if that's too much, read about jobs in Dubai. If you're a marketing manager, think about finding a job as a marketing project. :).

Here's some recruitment agencies in Dubai that may be worth trying.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Thanks for the information Jan 08, 2008
I already tried contacting the oil companies directly and the agencies you recommended and haven't gotten a single response....

Maybe Its my resume format as I have it in the format we use here...can you recommend a good resume writing service?
celina
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Thanks for the information Jan 08, 2008
celina wrote:and haven't gotten a single response....

That's not entirely surprising. Dubai companies are typically unresponsive. Try a follow up phone call?

can you recommend a good resume writing service?

You bet: How to write a CV :mrgreen:.

Apart from that, sorry, no :(. I've always written my own, with the aid of various CV writing and job hunting books. Which might explain why I'm currently unemployed :wink: ...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 08, 2008
Hey Bonk!
That is a great compilation of tips on how to write the perfect CV.
I think it would be useful for us to work together in boosting the sites that we are striving to make popular.
Send me a PM if you're interested.
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 09, 2008
Thanks Bonk! Much appreciated. This info is great...
celina
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 09, 2008
i think i have to make some calls too...

because i sent some emails to companies and i havent got any answer :? :?
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted