Job Offer

Topic locked
Job Offer Jul 17, 2008
I been offered a job as M+E Coordinator at Dubailand.The offer is as following.Remu - AED13000pm.HRA allwce - AED42000/yr.Trans Allwce - AED 18000/yr.Is this enough to support myself there.Need to get rental acco around Dubailand abt radius of 10-15km. Please help. :? Thank you.

invictors
Dubai Forum User

Jul 17, 2008
the 42k pa for housing is very shy! double it and you may be lucky enough to be able to share with someone!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jul 17, 2008
Is that for shared acco?Can I get any Acco near to Dubailand area for that allowance? :wink:Please forum guru's help me. :roll:
invictors
Dubai Forum User

Jul 17, 2008
Read this .... then weep ...

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=23858

My own personal opinion is that the cost of affordable accommodation will ultimatley be the undoing of the "Dubai dream". It makes no sense offering tax-free packages when cost of accommodation outstrips any form of formal taxation.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jul 17, 2008
invictors wrote:Is that for shared acco?Can I get any Acco near to Dubailand area for that allowance? :wink:Please forum guru's help me. :roll:

:idea: Ask for some people around here, I heard that you can find cheap acco, somewhere in Internet City...

I think Internet City in closer to DubaiLand, but I am not that sure. Any Advice?
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 20, 2008
i think you mean international city, as internet city is a commerical area and very expensive. international city is a few minutes from dubailand via emirates road and you can find cheaper flats there.

SicnarFranciS wrote:
invictors wrote:Is that for shared acco?Can I get any Acco near to Dubailand area for that allowance? :wink:Please forum guru's help me. :roll:

:idea: Ask for some people around here, I heard that you can find cheap acco, somewhere in Internet City...

I think Internet City in closer to DubaiLand, but I am not that sure. Any Advice?
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 20, 2008
:!: Yes exactly, it's International City not Internet City. I have collegues who's staying in the International City. Indeed it is way affordable, and cheap accomodation out there.
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 21, 2008
Too bad International City is a DUMP! If you are an engineering amnager you should get much more than that. I have friends getting more than that straight out of university. Also, with the inflation and rising rent costs, dont count on that being sufficient for long. I dont mean to discourage you. If you have a few years experience you can get really nice packages.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 21, 2008
maximusprime wrote:Too bad International City is a DUMP! If you are an engineering amnager you should get much more than that. I have friends getting more than that straight out of university. Also, with the inflation and rising rent costs, dont count on that being sufficient for long. I dont mean to discourage you. If you have a few years experience you can get really nice packages.

I agree on you, on the other hand, how about those people whom cannot afford? To be practical, you need to find affordable accomodation and to save money out of your compensation. Leaving in Dubai now a days is way expensive, so what's the point of working here without further savings? For experienced? On some way, maybe it can be considered, but bottom line is to save money for your future.

:!: But overall I think it depends on individual thinking...
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 21, 2008
Thank you for all for comments and advise. :D The thing is that I'm a TCN and things do seens different frm here.Experience is the most top in my list as there is not much construction activity in Asia.I have more then 12 year of expce in the field.But still struggling to reach UAE. :roll: who do we blame?

Please send more comments/advise on those matters.Is Dubailand far from main area?Or it's a dead place? :P
invictors
Dubai Forum User

Jul 22, 2008
My wage was only 11,000 AED per month up until recently - including housing and transport etc. I live on that absolutely fine but I'm single. Depends on your circumstances I guess.
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 22, 2008
Didn't want to post anything more than to say your pen name had me in stitches !

[just seen that episode of Friends......... hilarious !]

Nice 1 !
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 24, 2008
:) Bump 8)
invictors
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted