How Do You Calculate A Salary And Benefit Package?

Topic locked
How do you calculate a salary and benefit package? Sep 05, 2006
Hello!
Please can you help! I have recently enquired about an industrial nursing job in Dubai. HR have asked me what my salary expectations would be. I earn approx £35 K in the UK but I have no idea on cost of living in dubai etc. Please could you advise me on how I calculate a salary package and how best to negotiate it! Also what benefits could I reasonably ask for? If I relocated I would want to bring 2 cats, could this be a problem?! :?
Many thanks :D

Sparklingsea
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 11, 2006
hi sparking. i think ur salary in uk is better than dubai. you can not get this salary in dubai. so i think if you looking for job ur job is better than dubai, or if you looking for holiday or fan than dubai is better, butter you know there is limit, because of islamic country. so thik about it.
3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 12, 2006
3D stop passing misleading comments sitting in australia.

sparkiling,

It depends on the lifestyle you lead, if you search through the forum you can find similar threads on right kind of package. It varies i know people who earn a mere 5 thousand dhs but still save money out of it. there are others who earn 15000 and thats not enough for them.

You havent mentioned whether they are offering you accomodation and other perks. If not ask them for a accomdation.finding the right place to stay at a resonable soct is a big hassel in dubai.

there is a thread on getting your pets to dubai. for dubai girl it costed her 4000 usd if i am not mistaken to fly her dog here. food is resonably cheap here, and even cheaper if you cook at home. you will have to pay for water and electricity when you rent a house.

just ask them whats on offer and maybe we could put a clearer picture to this.

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
3D,

1) stop spamming the forums with your crap
2) stop providing misleading, uneducated information to other forumers
3) pick up a dictionary
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
XRW-147 (AKA Pumping Storm Trooper)

Good come back. You witticism and angst is appreciated by me and, perhaps, others.

BK
billkalbo
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How do you calculate a salary and benefit package? Oct 28, 2006
Hi Sparkling,
Both 3D and J are right...
First i would like to know ur nationality. Here white people (like british or US) and locals getting more salary (not because of position, the government tries to keep dubai as a multicultural environment, thus those companies get visa faster). You can keep pet with you, but I think its difficult because of living conditions.
U have a salary of more than 240 thousand Dirhams there. So its better than UAE, otherwise ur position must be a very good one. In Dubai u cannot find a single bedroom room hall apartment below 40,000 Dirhams a year. Its varying upto 80,000 depending on the location. Other expenses are very cheap comparing to UK. Here u dont need to pay income tax. The tax is applicable only for a few items like alcohol, star hotels etc.
And the other attracting thing is facilities. You can get everything (may be better than UK) here.... like horse riding, skuba diving, sky diving, clubs, beaches, mega shopping malls, everything...
and at last.... Dubai is a beautiful please
sandeepviswam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How do you calculate a salary and benefit package? Oct 28, 2006
sandeepviswam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

do some research first... Oct 30, 2006
what i suggest is you try to browse the net first. try browsing at the gulf news for rates for accomodations, etc. some dubai blogsites i have read also discusses expat costs, etc. normally if you are hired from another country, you are given a basic pay, you are also given accomodation(if you wish to live out they sometimes give you allowance), transpo, leave packages, etc. remember its not just the basic pay you need to negotiate but the total package.

good luck
rundezvous
Dubai Forum Visitor

check this site out Oct 30, 2006
try logging on to the american hospital dubai site...there they outline the package that they give their staff...it might be helpful... just google it and its easy to browse, they even have pics of the accomodation they offer...
rundezvous
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted