Graduate Engineer Job Possibilities

Topic locked
Graduate engineer job possibilities Jan 27, 2008
Hi all!

I was considering moving to Dubai with my girlfriend as soon as I graduate in May 2008. Anybody out there have an idea of the possibility of getting a job with a construction company as a graduate civil/structural engineer? Would I find it difficult as I have not yet got any experience on site, just part time work during the summer months over the past few years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
John

NasescO
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Graduate engineer job possibilities Jan 28, 2008
NasescO wrote:Hi all!

I was considering moving to Dubai with my girlfriend as soon as I graduate in May 2008. Anybody out there have an idea of the possibility of getting a job with a construction company as a graduate civil/structural engineer? Would I find it difficult as I have not yet got any experience on site, just part time work during the summer months over the past few years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
John

Most companies here are looking for the skills I am afraid. Very few, if any, will take on a gradute trainee so advise you to wait and get some experience in another market first.

Sorry to be blunt and truthful. Best of luck!

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 28, 2008
I was expecting such a grim reply! I intend to e mail construction companies in dubai regardless to see if one may be interested.

Cheers
NasescO
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted