British Graduate Looking For Banking/finance Jobs..help :D

Topic locked
British graduate looking for banking/finance jobs..help :D Jul 22, 2006
Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and would appreciate any help or suggestions you could throw my way! I have recently finished my Msc in HRM having previously completed a Bsc in Accounting and Management. I've wanted to live in Dubai for some time now but I know it is easier said than done! Iv been trying to find suitable jobs, preferably in Banking and Finance but cant find any for recent graduates as most jobs require years of experience...

Please help!! Many thanks,
Liam

liam_pearce
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 22, 2006
Yeah you are in one of the tougher sectors for new graduates since banks prefer to train local graduates rather than bring in expats. But i am sure there is still place for more expats (banks have the worst efficieny .. hire 10 people to do a one person job hehe) .. but i would recommend you come here for a few weeks to search for a job.

best of luck !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 22, 2006
Thanks Maaad, if i were to come over for a few weeks how would i go about applying/arranging interviews etc.. surely I can't simply turn up at the offices of a large org. with c.v in hand, hoping it wont be thrown in the bin???
liam_pearce
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 22, 2006
recruitment agencies, appointments section in gulf news and khaleej times are yout two best resources. (search this forum lots of good info)

Try to find some finance or banking events and attend those to network and meet people from the industry who might have helpful information in your hunt.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 23, 2006
Thanks again Maaad, i guess the best things in life are never easy! Looks like I have a bit of searching to do!
liam_pearce
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted