Architectural Technician Looking For A Job

Topic locked
Architectural Technician looking for a job Jun 05, 2006
Hi all,

:)
I'm new to this site.
I am an American living in Dublin, Ireland and would like to relocate to the UAE with my husband. I am an architectural technician and have been working in the architectural profession, in America and Ireland, for many years.
Are there any good companies or agencies that I could contact to find a job in my field?

Thanks!
My edited CV is posted below.

•Architectural technician offering a broad range of skills and experience.
•Detail oriented and self-motivated individual.
•High degree of technical skill and a high standard of quality.
•Experience with projects from design through construction.
•Able to work independently with minimum supervision and also work well as part of a design/technical team.
•Flexible and adaptable.
•Organised, efficient, hardworking, and friendly.

QUALIFICATIONS

•20 years experience in the architectural field in the U.S.A. and Ireland.
•16 years experience using AutoCAD computer drafting software, including AutoCAD R2005 and AutoCAD Desktop.
•Extensive history of diverse projects including residential, retail, office, industrial, religious, and public buildings.
•Experience with a wide range of building types with a full spectrum of budgets including renovations, additions, and new construction.
•Preparation of drawing and document packages for design development, planning approval, tender, and construction.
•Effective coordination of architectural drawing and information with other design professionals and engineers involved with the project.
•Regular site visits and interaction with project managers/site superintendents.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Senior Architectural Technician

Dublin and Kilkenny, Ireland
September 2004 - present

Projects and Responsibilities:

Food Manufacturing Facility
Prepared design development, presentation, and planning drawings as well as numerous documents and schedules for new food manufacturing facility with multi-storey corporate office and adjoining manufacturing and shipping building.
Multi-Use Development
Prepared construction and detail drawings and attended bi-weekly construction site meetings as the architect representative for a 10 block, 500 apartment multi-storey residential development with ground floor creche and retail facilities.

Hotel
Prepared construction documents and coordinated consultant drawings for three storey hotel extension with swimming pool, gym/spa facilities, and sleeping rooms.

Residential Development
Prepared design development and planning permission drawings for 10 storey apartment complex in Dublin City.

Architectural Designer

Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
2001 - 2004

Major Projects and Responsibilities:

Library
Prepared complete construction documents for the renovation of an existing four story historical building with a five storey addition and three storey centre open atrium, with a total of 57,000 square feet.

Unique Retail Facility
Prepared complete construction documents for a new 95,000 square foot five storey retail facility modeled after a traditional bank barn.

Prepared design development and construction documents for a variety of commercial and public projects - including renovations, additions, and new buildings.

Job Captain

Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
1999 - 2001

Prepared design development and construction documents for various religious and commercial projects - including renovations, additions, and new buildings. Met with clients during design and construction of projects, and attended regular site meetings during construction of projects.

Architectural Designer
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
1986 - 1999

Prepared design development and construction documents for various commercial, public, government, and industrial projects.

Education
2000: 3D Studio Viz
3 credit course
Harrisburg Area Community College
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

1986: Diploma in Architectural Drafting Technology
National Education Center, Thompson Institute Campus
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

I can be contacted via email - worldview65@yahoo.ie

MyOwnPath
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules