New Charity Forum In The Making

Topic locked
New Charity Forum in the Making Mar 31, 2008
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 01, 2008
Thanks Arnie... it's all for the good cause.

Can I just say the response has been tremendous already with even some serious 'seed' funds already pledged.

However, as our motive is to do this for charity, and Concord and I are pledging our time at no charge, we call on others to help support us in this unquestionably noble cause.

If you think you have skills that can help us bring this together, please PM Concord or myself. I can't guarantee everyone will make it onto the team, as we already have some great support in critical areas, but all offers to help will be considered.

For the greater good... that's what it is all about.
^ian^

Apr 01, 2008
arniegang wrote:For details please see here

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=26427

Thanks Arniegang.

I know there have has been some disputes amongst you, another moderator "Sage & Onion", the Adminnistrator ("Smartd") and even the forum owner ("Andyba") and what "Concord" and "Ian" have posted in www.DubaiForums.com over time.

Frankly, I was quite surprised by your support and Smartd's support
in “Fight Club” http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... 489#229489 .Although the entire "Fight Club" thread is not accessible to all (you need 100 posts). I’ve taken the liberty to repeat the forum administrator’s post
smartd wrote:Original thread is here http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=26427

This thread moving to FC

Gluck with the charity forum

Cheers,

D

So again, thanks.

By the way, I am sure that just like you contributed to the first Dubai Forums charity for K-9 Friends you will contribute to the new forum. Well, maybe you already PM’ed Ian about it…I’m counting on your generosity (as well as everyone else’s in this forum)

I was worried that the attitude from you (baseless apparently), Sage & Onion, Smartd, and Andyba, because all forums are so similar, would be to object and threaten Concord and Ian about any new forum.

Thanks again for your support... You and everyone contributing (and everyone contributes) to the new forum (referenced in yours and smartd's post) might, in this now new and smaller world, make a difference...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
despite our apparent differences concs you know full well you will have my full support, i have already pm'd Ian re this today.

If there is anything you need posting up in General by either updating this thread or replacing it, just ask.

It is a sterling effort and cause, you have my personal best wishes and luck to all those involved in this.

Hey you may even get extra, when we were over DK's a few months ago i had to repay my debt to Fayzy for his last effort, he ended up "getting the change" because he didnt have any "change" on him - hint hint :lol:

I will kick off with a pledge contribution for April and the same amount for May.

Best of luck to you
arniegang

Apr 01, 2008
Where is this forum ? url ?

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Apr 02, 2008
I would like to wish you both (Concord & Ian) the best of luck with your Charitable initiatives. For the record I will not be participating, as my wife and I have our hands full with our own little projects in this regard.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 02, 2008
smartd wrote:Where is this forum ? url ?

Cheers,

D

It is under development and planning.

I know it only takes 2 hours to whack up a phpBB board, but we're working on the sponsorship model amongst other things.
^ian^

Apr 02, 2008
sage & onion wrote:I would like to wish you both (Concord & Ian) the best of luck with your Charitable initiatives. For the record I will not be participating, as my wife and I have our hands full with our own little projects in this regard.

Maybe you could tell us about it in the new forum?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 02, 2008
sage & onion wrote:I would like to wish you both (Concord & Ian) the best of luck with your Charitable initiatives. For the record I will not be participating, as my wife and I have our hands full with our own little projects in this regard.

That is the beauty of it; you don't have to "do" anything. Simply by posting a person will contribute to the fund...The more post the bigger the contribution.

Perhaps the fund might be able to help you and your wife's charitable projects in the future.

Thanks for the best wishes.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2008
Concord wrote:

That is the beauty of it; you don't have to "do" anything. Simply by posting a person will contribute to the fund...The more post the bigger the contribution.

Perhaps the fund might be able to help you and your wife's charitable projects in the future.

Have you started the new forum?, if so why not post the address.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 08, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
Concord wrote:

Have you started the new forum?, if so why not post the address.

We are beta testing at the moment to selected invitees.

Concord is looking after invites... yours must be in the mail or something.
^ian^

Apr 11, 2008
:roll:
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Apr 11, 2008
smartd wrote::roll:

Problem?
^ian^

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules