Internet Phones

Topic locked
internet phones Aug 23, 2005
Hi,

I have tried so many internet phone companies and found one that i liked and therefore thought that i would share it here. i found a company callblue.com when i was in africa and the services were great there. i tried to use their callback phone and computer phone software it was very clear from dubai.

has any one else used these services before?

jay
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 23, 2005
Hey,

Problem is Etisalat have a habit of blocking these things like Skype, meanies, money grabbing bar stewards. They can't stand the fact that other companies make it easy and cheap to call through the web.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

etisalat Aug 23, 2005
Hi,

I am currently using it in Dubai and so far have not got any problems. I also asked the company and they have been selling Dubai for over 2 years.. seems ok to me...

i too did not want to risk it at first so i'd bought a $5 card from their site,.. all i can say is i am happy with it so far.. no problems :-)
jay
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 24, 2005
Perhaps you stay in the Emaar area? Coz Etisalat doesn't cover it, am pretty sure Sahm (the ISPs for Emaar) have no such restrictions...Etisalat feverishly guards its right to be the sole emissary for communications outside the UAE...If by some chance, we made contact with aliens from outer space here, Etisalat would want a piece of that as well
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

true true Aug 24, 2005
You are right.. Etisalat controls everything that talks. They are crazy that way.

I'm happy with the service i get with this callback, and until Etisalat stops them well.. good luck to them..

I heard that Etisalat was also bringing in a new telecom operator.. that rumour was difficult to swallow especially as they see themselves as the sole supplier of telephony in UAE
jay
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 11, 2005
Does anyone else use callblue.com? I was using them and had pretty good luck but it appears to be down now. I’m just wondering if it is something local to my pc or an Etisalat thing. The call back feature still works but PC to phone option doesn’t work for me anymore.

Your feedback is appreciated.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Look for Dealers of Callback Services and VOIP Calling Cards Jan 24, 2006
Jan.24,2006

Dear All,

We are a telecommunication company with offices in UK (Call28) and Hong Kong (Telewise Group Limited). We are interested to facilitate telecommunication sector in UAE since we believe this place is of great potential for telecommunication services.

We are specializing in the following telecommunication services:
-- VOIP Solutions
-- Local Calling Cards
-- Call Back Services
-- International Roaming Sim Cards

To start with, we plan to appoint partners to provide our call back services to the mass in UAE and it would bring a lot of convenience to citizens in UAE. Attractive commission will be granted to our dealers.

Since telecommunication cost for making international outbound calls in UAE is comparatively high, we believe there is space for developing market for Call Back Services and VOIP Calling Cards. Please kindly let us know if you would like to get a test pin for testing the sound quality and getting to know more about this service.

To know more about us, you are welcome to browse our websites:
http://www.call28.com
Website for Callback service in UAE: http://ae.call28.com
http://www.telewisegroup.com

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kenneth Wong
Account Manager
Telewise Group Limited
Tel: +852 27931832
Fax: + 852 27931130
Email: kwong@telewisegroup.com
kennethwwt
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 30, 2006
Hi,

it's not a big deal compared to others.

but do u have local card seller? (not by internet)

Ciao
leparrain
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 13, 2007
Hello,

I am introducing you a new VOIP Phone, namely PC2Phone.

The following are the features of this Phone.

· Excellent Voice Clarity, just like ordinary phone , without any delay, break & echo in the conversation.

· Seconds billing (6/30 billing)...Means , Your calls will be charged in

multiples of 6 Seconds .For example, If your call lasts for only 6 sec, you will be charged only for 6 sec, not for 1 minute , unlike all other PC to phone Services. Similarly, if your call lasts for 2 minutes & 20 seconds, you will be charged for 2 minutes & 24 seconds only, not for 3 minutes, unlike other PC to Phone services.

· Resistant to blocking by ISPs like Etisalat , since it uses VOIP Tunneling by creating a VPN.

Further the rates to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Philippines etc, are very low.

In other words, the cash you paid for this PC2Phone Card will be worth returning.

If you would like to buy in wholesale, or want to become a reseller, Please reply to muneerkm@gmail.com with details such as How many cards you can buy per day, Commission % and preferably with mobile number.

We can provide cards at attractive reduced rates.
We can give test accounts also to check the Voice clarity.

If you would like to buy in retail, you can either send email to muneerkm@gmail.com

BE CLOSER WITH YOUR FRIENDS & RELATIVES THROUGH PC2PHONE!!!

PAY LESS & TALK MORE!!!
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai