Dubai In General

Topic locked
dubai in general Feb 08, 2005
hi guys nice to see many folks interested on information or life styles in dubai.
i am am in dubai currently, i was living in canada since 1990 - i moved to dubai - 2000. i would like to give u a first hand experience. dubia is an awesome place, the weather is great. i somewhat agree with some folks that dubai is a racist place - but honestly - really! which part of the country isnt - really seriously think hard prior to your response. please note this is just my opinion & in no way do i want to offend anyone. i work in a bank in dubai, i was literally stuck in a 9 to 5 rut. i searched for jobs in dubai but was not successful. i currently earn a great salary, company accomodation - & a great life style - weekends are clubing/pubing nites. i would recommend every one to reserch on dubai & go visit the country it will change your life. there are quite a few folks offering recruitment services to dubai on the net... please be careful who u deal with make sure u ask them technical questions i.e. salaries - visa process etc. there is a website www.jobsindubai.com just like all u guys i was extremely skeptical to apply for a job as the wanted a registration fee. however this is the only company - where u can visit an office/talk to a real person. i was not aware of the process on how to ge to dubai etc. i got a job thru jobsindubai, their process was lenghthy their site says about a year but actually takes 18 months plus. i later found out that the immigration process in dubai is really slow & quite different then the western part of the world. Jobs in dubai (JID) helped me a lot - i was a bit paranoid & frustrated as i paid the registration fee - i kept calling them every month - & @ one point asked for a refund - to my surprise i actually got it - but as i was contact by an angency in dubai stating that JID forwarded the resume - i had a phone interview (twice) & then was sent an conditional appointment letter to the JID office. quite embarassed i paid the registration fee - & waited for about 2 months before my "vist" visa was approved - after almost 6 months of being in dubai i had to upgrade to a work visa - & now i am quite setteled here - i would stronglt recommned to vist jobsindubai.com - however beware the time lines - add 6 months easy to any process - currenlty i am aware that recruitment is quite slow in dubai as they are pressuring companies ti hire locals dfrom here. do try - or just visit dubia to see this wonderful place, thnaks guys

fatboyslim

Feb 08, 2005
too much to read there, wanna break it down home boy?
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 17, 2005
Dubai need time..and very soon it will be a well known city all over the world hopefully
nezar33
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2005
Like but your opinion, but I wonder if you'd be so happy if you didn't have company accomodation and had to pay for it yourself, without a salary increase to cope with the 20% or above increase every year.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai