Banks In Dubai

Topic locked
Banks in Dubai Sep 25, 2011
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this if not, mods please move it to the right section :)

I wanted to know which was the best bank to start an account with ( low minimum balance, good service, stuff like that)

any names?

WellWisher
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Best Bank in Dubai Sep 25, 2011
T be perfectly honest they are all as bad as each other. The banks with big international names have zero to do with their international counterparts and are associated in name only. I use HSBC and Dubai Bank, both have been ok so far and are easy to use with online banking and what not.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Sep 25, 2011
Bank?, Good Service?, not possible!

Most expats go for HSBC because of the name, but as chocs said, the name counts for SFA when you put dickheads in charge of it locally.
Although I can't complain too much and have had a good run with Emirates NBD, Mashalah. Only had a problem trying to bring money into the UAE as it tends to disappear into cyberspace until you ring someone and ask them to empty their inbox.
If the local bank screws up, go straight to the Central bank and make a complaint to save yourself being given the run around.
Fees are very low for day-to-day stuff, but high for other things like mortages and loans.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Sep 26, 2011
I deal with ADIB (Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank)- -

This bank has copied Dubai Islamic Bank, but learnt from their mistakes and tried to develop better offers, and services. I'm happy with them, I have to say.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Sep 26, 2011
Thanks for the reply guys! appreciate it :)

My company uses commercial bank of dubai, i've hear good things about Emirates NBD though :)
WellWisher
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Mar 06, 2012
In Abu Dhabi,
National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) or
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
Both of them have many branches and ATM network is excellent and for ADCB NRI Online services are great.

Maitland Fitness
Lambert125
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Mar 09, 2012
Dubai islamic bank
hawtshop
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Mar 16, 2012
all banks have poor services

I use HSBC and find that in gulf they have the worst service compared to hsbc europe or asia
casper021
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Mar 29, 2012
Trust me its dubai bank, Ive been dealing with them for the past 5 yrs and i hav no complaints. The hav one of the lowest interest rates for personal loans
aaron123
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Best Bank In Dubai Mar 29, 2012
LOL you know Dubai Bank went bust and had to be bailed out by Emirates NBD don't you?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Best Bank in Dubai Apr 22, 2012
Stay away from Lloyds TSB - the kings of hidden charges!

--- Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:33 pm ---

And don't get me started on HSBC!
marsm
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Best Bank in Dubai May 07, 2012
Dubai Islamic Bank 'DIB' is the best
tareqadel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Best Bank In Dubai May 20, 2012
In my opinion the best bank to meet your banking needs is Emirates NBD. They provide every conceivable banking solutions including account opening, loan application, wealth management solutions, bancassurance, cards, transaction banking, business banking and much more. To open an account with them all you need to do is fill some basic details like name, date of birth, marital status, gender, etc and their representative will call you back as per your preference to assist you with the other formalities.
altafabdullah
BANNED

What are the types of bank loans available in UAE? Jul 11, 2012
I have recently shifted to UAE and wanted some monetary help. Do I qualify to get a loan here?
azminaabdul
Dubai Forum Guest

Credit cards in UAE Jul 11, 2012
Which bank has the best deals and offers on credit cards
1) HSBC
2) Rakbank
3) Emirates NBD

Please mention any other bank if available.
abbasali63
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: What Are The Types Of Bank Loans Available In UAE? Jul 11, 2012
First of all on which visa you arrived in U.A.E. if you are on employment visa how much is your salary contract. After that the bank will review your case and give you loan.

Loans are of different types like car loan, personal loan these two loans mostly get by foreigners.
dsg
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What Are The Types Of Bank Loans Available In UAE? Jul 11, 2012
Basically you need to decide what kind of loan you want. The whichever bank will deal with will tell you what the criteria are. You are requireed to submit 3 months bank statements and a salary certificate from your company's finance department.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Credit Cards In UAE Jul 11, 2012
I think you have to take a look at their websites and decide which one is best for you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

HSBC, just keep in excess of AED 350,000 in your account and get premier privilages.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I'm also with HSBC. Their credit cards are linked to the blue airmiles card - not to be confused with an Emirates airmiles card. But I buy loads of things with the points I collect.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I'm also with HSBC. Their credit cards are linked to the blue airmiles card - not to be confused with an Emirates airmiles card. But I buy loads of things with the points I collect.

Yes, two iPhones and not the restricted FaceTime versions du and et offer, plus tv etc etc. good deal.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Credit cards in UAE Jul 23, 2012
Credit cards are always helpful if used in the right way. I vote for Emirates NBD bank. They have a range of in-house and co-branded credit cards that offer unrivalled perks and utmost security. I have their Platinum Credit Card which offers benefits like flexible payment option, discounts on flights and holiday packages, airport lounge access, emergency cash and card replacement, credit shield, utility bill payment and free travel insurance.
altafabdullah
BANNED

Re: What are the types of bank loans available in UAE? Jul 23, 2012
Personal loan, mortgage, auto loans etc. are some of the types of bank loans available in UAE. You can opt for personal loan in UAE; however, there are a couple of documents that you would need to submit. I am banking with Emirates NBD bank and they have a New to Country Employment Program. Under this program, applicants who are new to the country or new in their jobs with no length of service can apply for personal loan. Minimum monthly salary required is AED 10,000. Hope this helps :)
altafabdullah
BANNED

Re: What Are The Types Of Bank Loans Available In UAE? Jul 24, 2012
Dont take loans as far as possible - http://www.emirates247.com/business/uae ... 8-1.467794
NinethSense
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Credit cards in UAE Jul 29, 2012
I don't recall the bank but I was looking at one with an interest rate of like 2.4% or something else extremely low and would assume most if not all of the banks have such great rates.
provpnaccounts
Dubai Forums Member

Opening of current account with different currency Aug 08, 2012
Is it possible to open a current account with different currency in Dubai? Which currencies are allowed?
rkrocks
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Opening Of Current Account With Different Currency Aug 08, 2012
Always AED in country but you can have an overseas account in USD, Euro or GBP. HSBC do this.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I thought you get get Dolalr and Euro accounts here?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Depends on the bank, with EmiratesNBD i can open account in Euro, GBP, Dollar, Yen, and cpl of other currencies.

With ENBD, current account is available with Euro and Dollar. Maybe few other but I'm not sure.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Opening of current account with different currency Aug 16, 2012
Almost every bank allows you to open a current account in different currencies. Some of the common currencies are AED, USD, GBP & Euro.
altafabdullah
BANNED

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai