CRAIGSLIST Has Arrived In Dubai!

Topic locked
CRAIGSLIST has arrived in Dubai! Jun 23, 2006
For all of you who know what an amazing thing craigslist is, and for all of you who do not, CRAIGSLIST has indeed come to Dubai. Pass on the word so we all mingle and sell and buy and share and work and commute and party together. It's at:

http://dubai.craigslist.org/

Take a look.

red_dwarf
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 23, 2006
I wouldn't get too excited. Craig's List has personal adds sections for "men looking for men" so the UAE's religious and politic internet content blocking policies will block the site pretty quickly. You can bypass the proxies if you know how, but the majority don't and so the site will be denied the critical mass it needs to be really effective. Pity.. as like you say, it's a great resource elsewhere.

SDB
shinydiscoballs
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 23, 2006
They used to block craigslist I thought, but have just checked now and it seems ok (unless you click on the personals).

expatriates.com is still blocked though :evil:
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2006
thats awesome !!! i was addicted to craigslist .. wonder if it will take off here ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2006
as for the personal section, they might just remove it for the dubai site if it gets blocked.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2006
MaaaD wrote:thats awesome !!! i was addicted to craigslist .. wonder if it will take off here ?

I sold most of my stuff thru craiglist before leaving L.A.

Really great stuff but whether it works here or not depends on how many ppl are willing to use it.

Where did u use it MaaD?
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai