Blackberry In The UAE - Is It Worth It?

Topic locked
Blackberry in the UAE - is it worth it? Mar 13, 2007
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone uses Blackberry here in the UAE.

I work freelance and it's a nightmare to always be in the vicinity of a wireless connection for my laptop.

Is using Blackberry through Etisalat worth it here?

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Blackberry in the UAE - is it worth it? May 19, 2007
my answer is no.

the latest 8800 and 8300 is coming, with gps, wifi, camera, gonna perfect, but the etisalat is still selling the pearl, i think if you want to buy in etisalat , next year.
abstract38
Dubai Forum Guest

May 19, 2007
crackberry!

i miss mine (had one in Oz--very handy)-- will wait to get one based on this advice--tks!
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
It still doesn't convince me to read/write email and browse internet in a tiny screen with no proper keyboard.

I'm thinking of getting sub-notebook and hook a GPRS/EDGE card. Or even better I just read in this month's Stuff magazine, soon there will be Flybook sub-notebook with built-in Super 3G SIM card slot. We're talking about high speed connection on the move! Cool isn't it? I wonder if Etisalat already supports Super 3G or 3.5G now.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 23, 2007
Hi, yes, Etisalat already has a 3.5G (HSPA) network and it covers 97% of the UAE.

the BlackBerry Internet Service (For individuals) is priced at AED 185 domestic unlimited, and AED 295 for global unlimited. Don't think thats a very bad rate at all, if you're gonna be spending a lot of time online.

Hope this helps
avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai