r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2006
on road toyota
off road nissan
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Both are eqaul i guess Sep 23, 2006
Well to me i think both are all most equal...on and off the road....even when i go desert safari..i see half landcruisers and half patrols....and on the road...(if we exclude the taxis which 90% are toyotas) than Nissan is more now'a days..specially after the Tiida's launch...i think Tiidas taken over the Yaris...
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 23, 2006
So compare a Nissan Skyline GTR 34 with a Toyota Supra . Whose got faster pick ? Nissan !

Nissan Rocks !
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 23, 2006
i think what he meant by his question was ... which car do you guys prefer between the
toyota landcrusier or the nissan patrol ...
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Sep 23, 2006
nissan ofcourse.. but speak sports..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

LOL Ahmed! Sep 23, 2006
ahamed wrote:So compare a Nissan Skyline GTR 34 with a Toyota Supra . Whose got faster pick ? Nissan !

Nissan Rocks !

Ahmed lol i love the way you talk about cars! Yes Nissan rocks, but asfar as the pick is concerned, i think it depends upon how the ECU is remapped in both the cars, now if you stock cars, yes Skyline R34 is faster than Supra! i'd agree :lol:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2006
I know the original poster farked the spelling for fourwheel was bad but its even worse you 2 clowns (Salman + ahamed) couldn't pick that up and went on a complete tangent.

Back to original topic - good mix of both, on and off road. All the desert tour operators seem to really like the landcruiser.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 24, 2006
''but its even worse you 2 clowns (Salman + ahamed) couldn't pick that up and went on a complete tangent''

Back to original topic - good mix of both, on and off road. All the desert tour operators seem to really like the landcruiser.[/quote]

Mind your language XRW-147!! alright so we( Ahmed and I) are clowns! fine! so what're you?? a circus monkey? who likes to pinpoint other's with out realising that people are actually laughing at him! behave your self man, respect yourself and respect others!

To the topic: Desert tour operators certainly prefer Land Cruisers, and after that some what Chevrolet Tahoe, so its true that Land Cruisers still rule the deserts.
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

nissan skyline gtr Sep 30, 2006
i say the skyline because the skyline machine stronger then supra machine but the coolest thing on skyline and supra is when you put in them twin turbo they get very strong
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Yup! Oct 01, 2006
I agre on the Skyline part! But Supra can defeat the Skyline ONLY if its fixed with T6 Turbochargers from Apex i....because the torque would be more that stock twin-turbo on the skyline. Its one or the same thing! Both are equally good, it depends how much you spend on them :lol:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 01, 2006
Nissan all the way
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: nissan skyline gtr Oct 01, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:i say coolest thing on skyline and supra is when you put in them twin turbo they get very strong

Capitan Obvious strikes again.
bear
Dubai chat master

Re: nissan skyline gtr Oct 01, 2006
bear wrote:
r3ay-alborsh wrote:i say coolest thing on skyline and supra is when you put in them twin turbo they get very strong

Capitan Obvious strikes again.

:lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: nissan skyline gtr Oct 02, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:i say the skyline because the skyline machine stronger then supra machine but the coolest thing on skyline and supra is when you put in them twin turbo they get very strong

How is that cool? Supra TT is stock twin turbo, Skyline GTR is also stock twin turbo setup and comparing stock with stock GTR is king.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 02, 2006
kk can we take the machine of skyline gtr and put it in nissan patrol body
:roll:
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 02, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:kk can we take the machine of skyline gtr and put it in nissan patrol body

An RB26tt engine? Yeah, done close to 20 such conversions already - all happy campers.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 02, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:kk can we take the machine of skyline gtr and put it in nissan patrol body

Possible if the engine and transmission mounts are moulded accurately!
But it'll cost you a heavy pocket thou :roll:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 06, 2006
To the topic: Desert tour operators certainly prefer Land Cruisers, and after that some what Chevrolet Tahoe, so its true that Land Cruisers still rule the deserts.[/quote]

Wait a second, is that true ? Are Chevy Tahoes used by desert tour people ?

Does that mean they're good on the dunes ?
homie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 07, 2006
[quote="homie"]To the topic: Desert tour operators certainly prefer Land Cruisers, and after that some what Chevrolet Tahoe, so its true that Land Cruisers still rule the deserts
quote]

It is true that Land Cruisers are good in desert, but why desert tour operators prefer Land Cruisers? Its because Toyota parts are the cheapest in UAE, and by having Land Cruisers...they don't have to spend much on the cars since the parts are cheap, so let say after a desert tour if an axcel breaks off or the suspension is damaged, they'll simply get it changed the next day with good discount (since they have a fleet of cars from Al Futaim).......its being used commercially, however if they buy a fleet of Land Rovers, Merc MLs or GLs, or Cayenne, Touareg etc...poor tour operators will loose their whole gross turn-over in expenses :? So its good for them to stick to Land Cruisers!
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:I know the original poster farked the spelling for fourwheel was bad but its even worse you 2 clowns (Salman + ahamed) couldn't pick that up and went on a complete tangent.

Back to original topic - good mix of both, on and off road. All the desert tour operators seem to really like the landcruiser.

google the word "typo"
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto