Love A Phenomina Or Reality

Topic locked
Love a phenomina or Reality Sep 21, 2006
I believe that the only relationship in which love is unconditional is between a mother and the child .In all other relationships there are conditions and expectations even between a father and child .I always used to wonder why in all the languages (if not all most of them )the word mother always starts with the sound (M) maybe it tells us something .

Now the question i ask is

1.Is the love between a man and a woman love or lust?

2.Does a man and a women ever reach a stage were the love is unconditional?

well i am new to this place so just wonderin wat ppl here have to say bout this cause i have always got different views from different cultures.

hippyonhighend
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 22, 2006
Love between a woman and child IS unconditional.. but I don't think that love between a man and a woman can be. .. Or at least I have never reached a point where I could say that it was unconditional. The love you feel for your child is just so different.. Hard to explain...

However, I believe that a man and a woman can be in love, but there are conditions, and there is always the chance that one of you could leave.
LaurenX
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Love a phenomina or Reality Sep 22, 2006
hippyonhighend wrote:I believe that the only relationship in which love is unconditional is between a mother and the child .In all other relationships there are conditions and expectations even between a father and child .I always used to wonder why in all the languages (if not all most of them )the word mother always starts with the sound (M) maybe it tells us something .

well i am new to this place so just wonderin wat ppl here have to say bout this cause i have always got different views from different cultures.

so this mother-child unconditional love includes mothers who abuse their children ? don't take care of them? put them up for adoption without an adequate reason? etc etc
noni
Dubai chat master

Sep 22, 2006
There is no such thing as unconditional love in all cases. Some people have it for others, some don't.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Love a phenomina or Reality Sep 22, 2006
noni wrote:
hippyonhighend wrote:I believe that the only relationship in which love is unconditional is between a mother and the child .In all other relationships there are conditions and expectations even between a father and child .I always used to wonder why in all the languages (if not all most of them )the word mother always starts with the sound (M) maybe it tells us something .

so this mother-child unconditional love includes mothers who abuse their children ? don't take care of them? put them up for adoption without an adequate reason? etc etc

Agree!
Loving_Winter
Dubai Forum User

love a Phenomina or Reality Sep 22, 2006

There is a contradiction in your question. Suggest rephrasing to get a better answer. :D

I believe so. It happens when someone just gives up everything for the other party. I know of some modern day women martyrs. :shock:

I still have to personally meet a man who loves unconditionally though. :D
mariya
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2006
well i mean...love between a man and a woman can be unconditional .. if u see couples who have been together for 30 years n been through everything it actully shows that its possible! ..
dont u think so ?
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Re: Love a phenomina or Reality Oct 03, 2006

I didnt get that part, what do you mean? :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 03, 2006
I don't think unconditional love is non exsistent but I do think it is a very rare occurrance. I would agree in saying the most common type of unconditional love would be mother and child.

Unconditional love between man and woman is very difficult. No matter how much I loved my husband, if he murdered someone or mugged old ladies for example, I think my love would wear thin...
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 03, 2006
Well I dont think it exists...you can have strong feelings for a man/woman but there are always limits...
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 03, 2006
Mmm, tough one... I do believe unconditional love exist to an extend (so then it's probably not unconditional) I would definately not stand by my man if I find out he's a mass murderer....But I would also not stand by my child if I find out he/she is a mass murderer.. So I guess the answer is NO, doesn't exist....
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 04, 2006
I wouldn't stand by my child for being a murderer but I'd like to think I still love him/her. Unless my child had psycholoical issues, I hope to God that I never bring up my child to be a bad person. But I would love them, no matter what they did and how much it broke my heart. If my child was in prison for murder, I'd still love them enough to visit them. But then I'm an overly emotional person... (especially after a few drinks lol)
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 04, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:Mmm, tough one... I do believe unconditional love exist to an extend (so then it's probably not unconditional) I would definately not stand by my man if I find out he's a mass murderer....But I would also not stand by my child if I find out he/she is a mass murderer.. So I guess the answer is NO, doesn't exist....

I personally believe that unconditional love can only exist between mother and child. Might not be the case 100% of the time as pointed out about abuses, but i believe the mother-to-child is the only form of unconditional love when it is abuse free.

Males and females will have love and respect for one and other, but will always be limited and theres always a probable chance something may break them. Just look at the divorce rates.... were they not once "Love"?
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance