Ipod Mini

Topic locked
ipod mini Apr 29, 2005
hi
visting dubai in a few weeks
wheres the best place to buy a ipod in dubai?
how much will it be in pounds sterling roughly?
plz let me know
thank you
provide a shop name if posible
thank you

liberation_2004
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

.. May 24, 2005
Hi ..just bought Ipod Mini 4GB at Axiom Telecom at the Deira City Centre. Was the best deal in town...
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

May 31, 2005
Just a question about the ipod, when you go and look at one of these things, do you ask about "The Battery Problem"?

If you look at the ipod it's a sealed unit with no way to replace the recharchable battery once its life has run out, and people say it's good for a couple of hundred recharges and lasts about 18months to 2 years, meaning once it's dead you have to throw the unit away and buy a new one - neat idea from the makers!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 31, 2005
I have found a way to replace the battery. :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 31, 2005
sniper420 wrote:I have found a way to replace the battery. :D

Great... Now you can get your vibrator working again...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 31, 2005
Liban wrote:
sniper420 wrote:I have found a way to replace the battery. :D

Great... Now you can get your vibrator working again...

LOL now u installed a vibrator in ur inflated ding ding .yak yak yak.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 31, 2005
Again, you are so funny indeed.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2005
Hey did you guys hear?

If you have an original ipod, Apple have agreed to pay out a fifty dollar voucher to everyone as compensation for the battery problem.

Not sure how you'd get your hands on it here though.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 04, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Hey did you guys hear?

If you have an original ipod, Apple have agreed to pay out a fifty dollar voucher to everyone as compensation for the battery problem.

Not sure how you'd get your hands on it here though.

with that 50 bucks we could get 2 batteries :P
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
I Would also like to know how cheap the iPod mini is in Dubai?

It does'nt matter which coinage, but would like to now the price for a iPod mini 4 GB and 6 GB?

Also - is is cheaper to buy one over a online shop, than in real life Dubai? If it is cheaper via the Internet, which site is the best/cheapest?

And can you buy iTrip in Dubai - you can'nt in Denmark, because it's illegal to transmit radiosignals, due to an old law from 2. WorldWar?`! :roll:

Looking forward to hearing from you! Please let me know as soon as possible!
TheDane
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 17, 2005
Well the price of the ipod mini 4GB has reduced drastically since they introduced the 6GB (which is also the exact moment after I bought the 4GB one grrrrr)...I bought the 4GB for Dhs 999 but the 6 GB costs about that much now....I think the 4 GB is around the Dhs 700-800 mark ...you have the more compact ipod shuffle as well now...512 MB/1GB...One retailer had an awesome offer for an iPod 40GB with the iTrip for just Dhs 1499...don't know if thats still on...but I would have gone for that meself had I not already bought the mini

Much better to buy in a real shop in my opinion....I think a good place to get it cheap is Jacky's Electronics (in city center)...or Jumbo Electronics...browse around a bit though am sure you'll find the best deal...not sure if its available in Carrefour, which is this major hypermarket that has a lot of stuff at the best prices including electronics

Oh and the iTrip is very much available here...I can't live without it :) Though sometimes the sound quality can be compromised obviously since its a radio frequency...Its 175-200 bucks ....highly recommend getting the car charger as well coz the iTrip is extremely heavy on the battery...I think they have a car travel kit that has both (though its not the Griffin iTrip but another brand...not sure how good it is though) for about 250-300Dhs

Not sure if the info is spot on...but should give you a ballpark idea

Oh and choc, that's pretty disturbin news about the battery! 2 years is not enough after having spent a decent amount of coin on it

Take care,
Nik
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 17, 2005
in U.S ipod mini cost $199 (4G) with student discount you would get it for 179 plus tax which is about 193 out the door..around DHs 710 ...
$249 for the 6GB without student discount
nezar33
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai