High Rents For House/Flats!!!!!

Topic locked
High Rents for House/Flats!!!!! Mar 01, 2005
I am disappointed how high rents are for houses in Dubai and other Emirates.
Are there other people who think so?

Yurio
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 01, 2005
Why don't you go and try and live in Hong Kong, London or Tokyo.

The see how expesnive it really is to live in a city!

Aslo, why u think people live outside of Dubai. You either pay the high rents or take the 1.5 hours it takes to get both into and out of Dubai. Your choice.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 27, 2005
In Singapore ..you will pay about the same.
It is higher in Hong Kong....
It is ridiculous in Tokyo.
And when you look at it this way...its not that bad...
but then again...we are in the middle east.
Can't help but feeling a little disapointed..
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 01, 2005
Guys,

Those relies were a bit harsh, one thing that bugs me is that salaries do not increase when the rents and other things go up, so peole find it harder and harder to cope.

Plus there is no legislation which governs the amounts by which landlords can put rents up, and the 2 year rule has now been abolished.

No-one stops to look at the bigger picture, the fact that many people who are the backbone of the country i.e. the workers simply cannot afford to live here anymore. Plus peole will use the cash they would have spent on going out, shopping etc to pay the rent so the economy loses out.

In my opinion if Dubai is not careful it could well head towards a recession.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 01, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Guys,

Those relies were a bit harsh, one thing that bugs me is that salaries do not increase when the rents and other things go up, so peole find it harder and harder to cope.

Plus there is no legislation which governs the amounts by which landlords can put rents up, and the 2 year rule has now been abolished.

No-one stops to look at the bigger picture, the fact that many people who are the backbone of the country i.e. the workers simply cannot afford to live here anymore. Plus peole will use the cash they would have spent on going out, shopping etc to pay the rent so the economy loses out.

In my opinion if Dubai is not careful it could well head towards a recession.

Exactly this is what I stated in the report (check it in the Politics) but a expatriate named Fatty completely denies it. In terms of social security of workers , UAE got low rankings. :o
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 02, 2005
All I can say is that the powers that be need to start seriously looking at this problem, otherwise Dubai is going to be only for those that can afford it and in a few years time I can see another city taking over, because Dubai has become too expensive for Joe Public and will just be a playground for the rich and famous.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 02, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:All I can say is that the powers that be need to start seriously looking at this problem, otherwise Dubai is going to be only for those that can afford it and in a few years time I can see another city taking over, because Dubai has become too expensive for Joe Public and will just be a playground for the rich and famous.

that is what i exactly stated in the report and guess what I got a news from one of the top officials in Dubai that this is what they want- Dubai city of gold , haven for rich ppl (particularly western ppl) and they want all the "Asian" shit out. Worse I heard they in 4 yrs they will start tax system -last straw.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2005
TAX?!

OK then everyone will definately leave the UAE, that's one of the big incentives to work and live here is that it's tax free!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai