Do You Know Why The PIG (bacon) Is Prohibeted? Tell Me,

Topic locked
Sep 12, 2006
kanelli wrote:But that doesn't matter Chocs, the fact remains that pork and alcohol are forbidden to Muslims. Islam is practised in many different ways, just like Christianity. There are plenty of Catholics using birth control, for example. The world 100% full of hypocrits :lol:

but then again whos not, im sure i am one of them ;)

alcohol is clearly mentioned in the quran that it is prohibited to drink. But muslims still use as medical as a disinfectant and perfume to smell good. Its just not allowed to be drunk

but back to pork, im still afraid of it :shock: :shock:

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
i thought that if a person said something and then and went the opposite, that is what made him a hypocrite.

sure, my religion says a lot of things that i dont follow. and yes, when people ask me about what my religion says i answer --- but i never say that that is what they have to do. thats just me though, i try not to be a hypocrite...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i thought that if a person said something and then and went the opposite, that is what made him a hypocrite.

sure, my religion says a lot of things that i dont follow. and yes, when people ask me about what my religion says i answer --- but i never say that that is what they have to do. thats just me though, i try not to be a hypocrite...

well said bushra, If I do not preach to you why iam been hypocrite?? There are so many Muslims that do not follow everything in their religion like wise there are Christians, Hindus etc who do not follow everything but if you do something that your religion does not allow, you see some people reminding you, oh but your religion say this and the other.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2006
Which is exactly why I'm not religious.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
The problem is, everyone thinks they are practicing their religion or belief better than others, and that is where the hypocrisy comes in. Some Muslims will look down on others who eat pork, yet they themselves go out to the bar and drink alcohol. That was part of the point I was trying to make.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:The problem is, everyone thinks they are practicing their religion or belief better than others, and that is where the hypocrisy comes in. Some Muslims will look down on others who eat pork, yet they themselves go out to the bar and drink alcohol. That was part of the point I was trying to make.

yeah those are hypocrites muzzies as there are hypocrites atheists.... :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:The problem is, everyone thinks they are practicing their religion or belief better than others, and that is where the hypocrisy comes in. Some Muslims will look down on others who eat pork, yet they themselves go out to the bar and drink alcohol. That was part of the point I was trying to make.

And a good point it is to.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
Sniper, as I said before - the world is 100% full of hypocrits. That means that every person on this planet is hypocritical from time to time.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 13, 2006
sniper420 wrote:

yeah those are hypocrites muzzies as there are hypocrites atheists.... :roll:

And hypocritical Snipers to :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
I haventy maganged to read the whole thread , lots of pages there.

But i got the general idea and here is my two pennies worth. I am not preaching lol

Pork is porhibited because Islam has dictaced this for the Muslims. In Islam there are few things that have Ilah (reason) behind the rule. As muslims the reasoning and intellectual thought is a part of the belief, by this I mean although many people are born into Muslims families and are thus Muslim, it is neccessary that we think about our belief and come to an intellectual appreciation of our belief.

for example in the Quran is says

"Behold ! In the creation of the heavens and the earth and (in) the difference of night and day are indeed Signs for men of understanding"
(The Quran: 003: 189,190) [this is only a translation]

This shows that man should think about his suroundings and the creation of the world.

So a lot of the rules of Islam are then a test for the Muslim, to see if his Iman (faith) is strong or weak. I assure you if I went to the shop bno w(im in the UK at the moment) and bought myself a nice bacon sandwhich for breakfast nothing is going to happen to me Allah isnt going to kill me or hit me with a lightining bolt, but I must now look at my faith and see it says it is not allowed and not eat it, i can come up with 100 reasons (from my own mind) as to why pork isnt allowed eg.

1. its dirty
Answer: rasie pigs in a clean enviroment

2.As someone said before , two male pigs have S e x with each other
Answer: raise them in seperate pens or farms

Even if we do everything the pig is still haram (prohibited) and the reason for this is with the wisdom of the one who created the world.

As for Muslims eating pork, I am not perfect myself , but come on people is there really a need I mean not eating pork isnt going to kill you. My work mates get bacon all the time and even when im hubngry i dont even get normal sandwhices from the same shop cus i know they would have used the same cooking things for the pork and the eggs. I would rather go hungry its not hard , very cheap price to sell your Iman for some pig dont you think?

Excuse the spelling in this post :D
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
hi Alina.do you want my details. i,m from middle-east ,kuwait, but I spend all my life in the wet. german-holland-italia- australia, i,m 27 years old,I lived in Amsterdam (party city)till now i had 123 girlfirend in my life. but non of them from middleeast, do you want more detail.?
3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 13, 2006
NO Alina doesnt want your details ,i suggest you send her a PM ,
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
dubaiquote wrote:NO Alina doesnt want your details ,i suggest you send her a PM ,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
in western I saw some people, that in place of dog have a pig. and they walk with pig in the city. I saw a man on day he has a small young pig . he walked with the pig in the city, every one wachted and hug the pig or kiss it. I think only because the pig was small. looks very cute. but when they get bigger wowww.

also it is prohibited . because he(pig) he follow satan. he is satan's bestfriend. if you read history. when satan had argument with god. satan he left, and pig follow him. that is also reason. it is the best reason.

in Australia if you wear pink t-shirt (for male) everyone see you as gay. and all amn they follow you. becarefull when you come here. don,t wear pink
3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 13, 2006
so both of them are from Australia....hmmm errrr lalalalaa...
darrannnnn.....could it be that Alina and 3d are bestfriends???? :idea:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 13, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:in western I saw some people, that in place of dog have a pig. and they walk with pig in the city. I saw a man on day he has a small young pig . he walked with the pig in the city, every one wachted and hug the pig or kiss it. I think only because the pig was small. looks very cute. but when they get bigger wowww.

also it is prohibited . because he(pig) he follow satan. he is satan's bestfriend. if you read history. when satan had argument with god. satan he left, and pig follow him. that is also reason. it is the best reason.

in Australia if you wear pink t-shirt (for male) everyone see you as gay. and all amn they follow you. becarefull when you come here. don,t wear pink

what a load of rubbish!!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2006
didnt anyone read my post ?
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
zam wrote:so both of them are from Australia....hmmm errrr lalalalaa...
darrannnnn.....could it be that Alina and 3d are bestfriends???? :idea:

har har har this is a funny conclusion...

i will agree to most of you that most are hypocrites!
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
3DAnimationmaya wrote:in western I saw some people, that in place of dog have a pig. and they walk with pig in the city. I saw a man on day he has a small young pig . he walked with the pig in the city, every one wachted and hug the pig or kiss it. I think only because the pig was small. looks very cute. but when they get bigger wowww.

Which part? I have seen people in cities with pet picks but only when they are piglets when they get too big they have to be given to a farm
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2006
dubaiquote wrote:didnt anyone read my post ?

I did. Nice post.
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
Eh, lots of people have pot-bellied pigs as pets. George Clooney's is probably the most famous, his is called Max, and he even sleeps with the porker, if it's good enough for gorgeous George.....
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
scarlet wrote:
sara_uk wrote:
3DAnimationmaya wrote:also it is prohibited . because he(pig) he follow satan. he is satan's bestfriend. if you read history. when satan had argument with god. satan he left, and pig follow him. that is also reason. it is the best reason.

Which part? I have seen people in cities with pet picks but only when they are piglets when they get too big they have to be given to a farm

these parts are rubbish and there is nothing with wearing pink!!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
scarlet wrote:
sara_uk wrote:
3DAnimationmaya wrote:also it is prohibited . because he(pig) he follow satan. he is satan's bestfriend. if you read history. when satan had argument with god. satan he left, and pig follow him. that is also reason. it is the best reason.

these parts are rubbish and there is nothing with wearing pink!!!

I think 3D is a wind up
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Is it not true that you are not allowed to convert to any other religion if you are a Muslim?

yeah

I just got around to reading this thread.

First off I'm pretty sure you can convert to another religion if you are muslim, search a thread by Shafique and he may clear things up.

Secondly for questions about Shrimps, I believe some forms of Shia muslim do not eat shrimp or lobster but in the Quran it says that all things from the sea are halal, remember there are 72 different kinds of Shia Muslim alone, all have their own slight variations.

Thirdly about the booze, I may be wrong but I believe in the Quran it never said you couldn’t drink but rather you could not show up to prayers tanked. My understanding is a hadith was created after. This may be why people are a little more lax about booze over bacon.

Forth, sort of a sciency answer for the disallowing of pork, Christians, Jews and Muslims were all forbidden, back in the day it was because pork spoiled very quick because there was no refrigeration or because of tapeworms, essentially you had a high probability of getting sick so religions banned it. I personally don’t eat pork out of respect, I’m sure it is likely safe to eat now with technology but I choose not to eat the ‘other white meat’ This is a choice I made, I do not look down at others that eat pork.

Fifth religion is between you and god, if you consider yourself religious and then judge other people in my humble opinion you are not. Religion is your relationship with god. People who judge others are themselves hypocrites.

The opinions above are the two fil donation of an alcohol drinking but refusing to eat pork hypocrite.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 13, 2006
oh and my neighbor had a pot bellied pig as a pet, I can't speak for the rest of the world but in the city I used to live they were fairly common.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 13, 2006
fayz wrote:oh and my neighbor had a pot bellied pig as a pet, I can't speak for the rest of the world but in the city I used to live they were fairly common.

I think you will find Fayz, that it is not allowed to convert to another religion if you are Muslim, and that it indeed can attract a death sentance.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
Very true. Isn't it that murder, rape and abandoning your religion are the three main sins that give a death penalty under Sharia law?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 14, 2006
kanelli wrote:Very true. Isn't it that murder, rape and abandoning your religion are the three main sins that give a death penalty under Sharia law?

is it true?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
well....i know that delebrate murder and converting to another religion has a death sentence....but im not sure about rape......ill have to come back to you guys
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
BLT'S are the bomb 8)
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat