Canadian Passport Entry To UAE Help !!

Topic locked
Canadian Passport Entry to UAE help !! Sep 13, 2006
hello !! im a filipino with a canadian passport and i wanted to visit my girlfriend by end of this month !! i did try to search some topic that might be related to what am going to ask but i wasnt lucky.

my question is ... do i still need to apply for a visa before entering UAE ? take note that im holding a Canadian Passport ... im planning to stay only for 21 days .... its my first time visiting the place too .. please help me out coz im booked to leave from Toronto - Dubai on Sept. 30th ... thanks in advance !!

WTH
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Canadian Passport Entry to UAE help !! Sep 13, 2006
WTH wrote:hello !! im a filipino with a canadian passport and i wanted to visit my girlfriend by end of this month !! i did try to search some topic that might be related to what am going to ask but i wasnt lucky.

my question is ... do i still need to apply for a visa before entering UAE ? take note that im holding a Canadian Passport ... im planning to stay only for 21 days .... its my first time visiting the place too .. please help me out coz im booked to leave from Toronto - Dubai on Sept. 30th ... thanks in advance !!

Welcome, and no you don't need to worry about anything, You'll be stamped at immigration for entry for 60 days. Say hi to your girlfriend for me
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 13, 2006
big thanks fayz :) !! i really appreciate the help !! anyways !! any places and activities that's not supposed to miss in dubai during my stay ? i know Ramadan is comming so i guess some establishments are not open during morning ...
WTH
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 13, 2006
Actually Ramadan will likely start around the 23rd of Sept. so you'll miss it. Actually there are some very kewl parts of Ramadan as well with the nightly iftar tents but I digress.

If it is your first time here I'd try to do a big bus tour, get a feel for what is going on, go to the museum (should take no more than 10 mins) spend some time on the creek, and do a desert safari.

A lot of people on here have posted some great ideas, feel free to have a look around and see if anything catches your eye. Also sites like www.timeoutdubai.com are worth checking to see what is happening at night.

Good luck and enjoy your time here.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Canadian Passport Entry to UAE help !! Sep 13, 2006
WTH wrote:hello !! im a filipino with a canadian passport and i wanted to visit my girlfriend by end of this month !! i did try to search some topic that might be related to what am going to ask but i wasnt lucky.

The following Countries do not require visas;

Europe: United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Lexembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece,
Finland, Spain, Monaco, Vatican City, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein.

America: USA, Canada.

Oceania: Australia, New Zealand.

Asia: Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Korea.

GCC: Gulf Cooperation Council Countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum