ARE ANY HOMELESS PEOPLE IN DUBAI?

Topic locked
ARE ANY HOMELESS PEOPLE IN DUBAI? Sep 11, 2006
very silly question. sorry. are there any homless people in dubai. I heard nobody is homeless. is that true?

3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 11, 2006
Not true, I saw an article in City Times or the Evening post about two months ago about this guy whose house had burnt down and he was no living in one of the parks in Dubai... Poor soul. :(
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 11, 2006
I mean reall homeless, not house in fire or may some man has problem with wife can not live at home. not this kind of homeless. reall homeless. here in australia 1000 of homeless people. but most of them has drugs problem, alot of jong girls(16 yo) involve with drugs or sex , they are homeless and stay outside.
3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 11, 2006
He was/is homeless. He doesn't have anywhere to live. He doesn't have a home. I think that constitutes homeless!
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: ARE ANY HOMELESS PEOPLE IN DUBAI? Sep 11, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:very silly question. sorry. are there any homless people in dubai. I heard nobody is homeless. is that true?

I don't think we have these kind of people here in Dubai.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: ARE ANY HOMELESS PEOPLE IN DUBAI? Sep 12, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:very silly question. sorry. are there any homless people in dubai. I heard nobody is homeless. is that true?

3D If you are a local the goverment will provide you with housing among other things. And if you are a foriegner well you cant really be in the country unless you have a job. So yes you cant be homeless here.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:In australia 1000 of homeless people. but most of them has drugs problem, alot of jong girls(16 yo) involve with drugs or fun , they are homeless and stay outside.

Those involved with drugs and young girls have put themselves in that situation.

Australia gives every citizen a fair go
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 12, 2006
i am homeless . adopt me :(
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
sniper420 wrote:i am homeless . adopt me :(

I am sure we can find you a home with Feline Friends :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
what about some people with mental illness?they can live at home and they can pay rent. so they can organise life. that kind of people should be everywhere, or maybe some people don.t like living in the house. just walk around in street and ask people for some money(40 fills)=40 cent , here when i,m going to city there is some people come to you and ask for 40 cent
it is a half of dollar. it is nothing. but they happy if you give it to them most jong girls ask everyone for 40 cent. later make it $3 and going buy a beer or cigarett. question is does anyone ask you for money? not everyone is rich in dubai? please replay.
3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 12, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote: question is does anyone ask you for money? not everyone is rich in dubai? please replay.

But the question you asked before is different to what you are asking now
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 12, 2006
well all connected together, if you r homeless you ask for money. isn't it?
3DAnimationmaya
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 12, 2006
GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
naruto wrote:GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS

They all live out in the Desert with me 8)
Desert Scorpion
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 12, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:what about some people with mental illness?they can live at home and they can pay rent. so they can organise life. that kind of people should be everywhere, or maybe some people don.t like living in the house. just walk around in street and ask people for some money(40 fills)=40 cent , here when i,m going to city there is some people come to you and ask for 40 cent
it is a half of dollar. it is nothing. but they happy if you give it to them most jong girls ask everyone for 40 cent. later make it $3 and going buy a beer or cigarett. question is does anyone ask you for money? not everyone is rich in dubai? please replay.

Agreed that not everyone is rich in Dubai, however the Authorities are reasonably strict.
They do have some beggers, but generally these are professional beggers, and they have somewhere to live.
The Mentally ill are cared for by the State, so you rarely see anyone with this kind of ailment apart from the occasional crazy ex-pat.
If the Police came across anyone here who was obviously "Homeless" they would take him/her to the Police Station and attempt to find family if he/she were a National, if he/she were expatriate they would be locked up and eventually deported back to their home Country.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
3DAnimationmaya wrote:well all connected together, if you r homeless you ask for money. isn't it?

But why are you thinking if there is in Dubai? Curiosity perphaps? In any place in the world, there would be people who dont have much in finances...

( "we may be broke right now, but we will never be poor" - a line from Eva Longoria as Gabby in Desperate Housewives )
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: ARE ANY HOMELESS PEOPLE IN DUBAI? Sep 12, 2006

You know its silly even before you posted it and yet...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
alina_4u wrote:
3DAnimationmaya wrote:In australia 1000 of homeless people. but most of them has drugs problem, alot of jong girls(16 yo) involve with drugs or fun , they are homeless and stay outside.

Those involved with drugs and young girls have put themselves in that situation.

Australia gives every citizen a fair go

Please be a little bit compassionate. For all we know many of those girls were raped, just like your friend was. You don't know their circumstances and many homeless people suffer from schizophrenia for example. They should be helped by the government, not shunned.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:Please be a little bit compassionate. For all we know many of those girls were raped, just like your friend was. You don't know their circumstances and many homeless people suffer from schizophrenia for example. They should be helped by the government, not shunned.

Val, do you know much about the welfare system in Australia or government initiatives against $ex & substance abuse?

These people are not shunned and have almost every available resource provided to them and are government endorsed/funded. You can even get a 'hit' legally in govt provided facilities - provided you meet the criteria.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
valkyrie wrote:Please be a little bit compassionate. For all we know many of those girls were raped, just like your friend was. You don't know their circumstances and many homeless people suffer from schizophrenia for example. They should be helped by the government, not shunned.

Val, do you know much about the welfare system in Australia or government initiatives against $ex & substance abuse?

These people are not shunned and have almost every available resource provided to them and are government endorsed/funded. - provided you meet the criteria.

No, I was talking more about the system in the US.

"You can even get a 'hit' legally in govt provided facilities"

If I were homeless I'd be doing the same thing. They're also addicted, (as you know) straight men wouldn't normally do the things for H if they weren't addicted to it. Personally I believe all drugs should be legalized, including H.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:No, I was talking more about the system in the US.

Well, 3D and alina were talking about Australia, surely you don't expect we could read your mind about where you're talking about without any mention of it.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat