Science Vs Religion?

Topic locked
Science vs Religion? Feb 22, 2005
Can science coexist with religion or one of them must change to fit the other?
Since there are different religions out there, everybody is welcome to write his thoughts about his own religion...

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Feb 27, 2005
It varies a bit but mostly yes it can co-exist, I m referring to Islam here... ignoring the Darwin theory of evolution ofcourse.. but then again i think all religions will ignore his theroy as we believe that GOD created man and we arent a bunch of monkeys ;0
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Science vs Religion? Mar 05, 2005
Andyba wrote:Can science coexist with religion or one of them must change to fit the other?
Since there are different religions out there, everybody is welcome to write his thoughts about his own religion...

it all depends on the religion. since different religions have defferent levels of tolorance for deveations from the fundementals of their laws and regulation. to be percise, islam can not co exist with anything but islam, however, christianity may be able to "co-exist" with some asspects of sicense.
biggi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Science vs Religion? Mar 06, 2005
biggi wrote: since different religions have defferent levels of tolorance for deveations from the fundementals of their laws and regulation. to be percise, islam can not co exist with anything but islam

How much do u really know abt Islam to come to that conclusion... one lil advise..if u dont know abt a subject SHUDDUP dont go around displaying ur ignorance.. :)
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 07, 2005
biggi i agree with you point of view. for the sake of arguement i will mention that im muslim.

alvii you know for a fact what he is saying is true. islam has no tollerence for anything but its self and posibly christianity and jewdism because there holy books.

as you said it your self you ignore the darwining theory. ignore as in havent even considered it. im a muslim who believe in the darwin theory because it makes sense to me.
FAKESPIKE

Mar 07, 2005
ok....then as everything was evolved after the big bang and all (mind u, my religion accepts the BIG BANG ) where did the stars come from, the universe who created that by chance ... it all had to strart somewhere if u can find "where" it all started from??? the cell that made up for the amoeba?....
Its funny how everybody just casts Islam away because they are unaware of "other things" happening in the world are so brainwashed by the AMERICAN MEDIA...
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Science vs Religion? Mar 07, 2005
Andyba wrote:Can science coexist with religion or one of them must change to fit the other?

we get taught not to ask questions ... just accept what is the 'obvious'. God made us intelligent human beings - to ask questions (and science does play a role in this) is an intelligent thing to do.

that said :wink: i'm a christian.
seeing things created out of a big bang does not make sense to me, fakespike. take a watch, break it into a million pieces, throw it into a jar and start shaking it .... when it all falls back into place, let me know.
krush
Dubai Forum User

Mar 07, 2005
the world isnt a watch. its alive able to make decisions. american media? lol you just rant what you hear your parents say.

everything in this world can be explained in terms of science. which is more then what i can say for religion where it finds defficulty explainning simple things. and when asked it says leave it its a matter of faith.

and if you dare question you have commited a sin.
for how dare you question it!
so ppl fear it. and believe it. but some dare to question.
those are the same kind of ppl who were the first christains and muslims.
while some worshiped statues of stone. they dared and questioned it.
and told them self i know life is greater then to be created by a statue.
and as we evolve and grow and learn we know more.
as for me i will continue to question.
i leave nothing to faith i trust only my rational thinking. logic and commen sense.
and every time i turned to science my questions have been answered and if i turn to religion its "a matter of faith"
FAKESPIKE

Mar 08, 2005
Amercian Media i was so pissed at everybody connering Islam at one side.. I have a brain i can think I dont need my parents doing that for me thank u ...we were spking abt religion lets not specify talk general!!
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 08, 2005
your emotions are effecting your judgement you cant be partial about the matter if you feel so strongly about it. atleast admit to that.
FAKESPIKE

Mar 10, 2005
emotions have to come into play when it comes to something that is close to your heart - what's the use of believing in something if there is no emotion involved?
i would hate to continue this discussion if it were just about intellectual talk.

on the flipside - getting into senseless and useless arguments and debates won't get anyone anywhere. it's not about proving who's right or wrong - it's about answering the original question.
krush
Dubai Forum User

Mar 12, 2005
Fatty Melon - Well Said !!! v:)
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 12, 2005
it was indeed. i bet all that law work paid off buddy.
but I haven’t replied yet and wont get time till the end of this week finals you know. so ima have to get back to you posts because they require special attention equivalent to what you have showed in the matter.
FAKESPIKE

Mar 22, 2005
Well said Fatty

I was a skeptic ...
Prove it to me scientifically..and then i will believe.
Took me years to read as many books as I can.
10 years later I was still a skeptic.

Then I went to a church for the first time in my entire life.
The Holy Spirit came...bypassed my brain and went straight for my heart. I broke down and cried like a baby. Got saved..got baptized.
After that..there are still questions in my mind...but there is a firm answer in my heart. The name of my Lord,Jesus..and there is a Heavenly Father...The Creator.

You can go and argue all you want and never get an answer. BEcause you are probing in a very small area. God is bigger then science. It is something that HE created. We are like an ant on a oil painting trying to figure out if a painter did this.

Friends. God is real. He loves the humble but resists the proud.
Be humble ...get down on your knees and seriously..very seriously..ask God to reveal himself to you. Because he said "All who seek me shall find".
And I personally guarantee this. You get down on your knees and pray hard tonight. Something incredible will happen soon in your life.
But no guarantee it will be something good for start. But goodness is the final result.
Some important questions:
Who wants to go to Heaven?
How can you go to Heaven?

Who should you follow:

a)One who speaks of Heavenly things. Never went to Heaven but died on earth. Who said himself "have sinned"

b)One that came from Heaven, never sinned,left earth for Heaven while still alive and promises he will return to claim his people.

I am very very willing to help anybody with their search.
We are near the end.....not much time left.

P.S. Everything in the bible can be explained with science. Infact..the holy bible reveals secrets to modern scientists.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 29, 2005
Amm...you do realise of course that religion and science ARE the same thing.

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which based on experience, which refuses dogmatic. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism...."
Albert Einstein
john-dory
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 29, 2005
Science is a law that God created.
Its like things we humans do with tons of equipments..tons of people and books....tons of money...tons of retry.

God can do them right in a breath or a word from His mouth.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2005
Einstein also said

"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree"
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 02, 2005
Only those that know little of the One True God and His Teachings have the gall to claim that humans came from the ape....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2005
Because einstein says it does not mean ..blah blah?
But because Charles Darwin says it and its ok?
And wht happens when Charles Darwin said that his theory is wrong and yet people still sticks to his theory of evolution.

Fatty Melon...the most dangerous of all things is to have "little" knowledge about it. It makes one start putting in things that one presumes.

It be better for you to research carefully all scientific findings about the bible and the quran before claiming something that has already proven itself over and over again.

Start by doing a careful research on "The Big Bang" theory.
Or "The Evolution of Man" or "The Age of Earth".

If you truely understand these theories....you will start to see things the way Isaac Newton,Einstein,DaVinci...etc sees God Almighty.

A friend visits Isaac Newton in his lab. one day and spotted a model of the universe on his table and asked: "Hey..who did that model? Its nice."
Isaac: "Nobody..its just there."
Friend:"Oh come on..somebody must have made it."
Isaac:" You can't believe this simple model just happens to be there without a maker..and yet you believe that no one created the universe?"
The friend left. And later called him a Heretic.

Religion without Science is blind.
Science without Religion is meaningless
- Albert Einstein
abs
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2005
Amen ABS... Speak the Word.... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2005
too true :headbang:
krush
Dubai Forum User

May 11, 2005
Ya know, religon, science, politics, that shit will kill ya! I have been reading about the Five Percenter Movement and for my money, they have a good foundation. I think we should see each other as god instead of looking at the cloud for help, forgiveness, redemption, etc. What happened to having faith in you fellow man?
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

May 11, 2005
And it is not the American Media's fault for portraying Muslims in a bad light, it's other phucking psycho Muslims who fly planes into buildings fault. All religons have their psycho sects that portray them in a bad light in all media, Klu Klux Klan, Al Queda, etc. No one is blaming the entire Muslim community. America is a melting pot with all types of people from everywhere who believe all types of shit. I am sure if some psycho Jewish person caused 9/11 everyone would be happy, cause if it's one people to blame for everything all through history, it's the Jewish people. Why cant we just go back to hating Communist? I miss the good old days of hating the Red Commie plague!!!!! That could unite us all!!!!! Die commie scum!!!!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

May 11, 2005
Yeah whatever... America has been portraying us as villans years before the September 11 resistance attacks. Americans are becoming like the Jews and their holocaust with all that talk of 9/11 and how they are "victims".

Also you lack of beleif in God is regrettable and I hope you find the light one day and the sense and decency to think before you speak.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2005
iguess we are talking general about religion & science, not criticising Islam or any other religion.

" they made vaccines, they made medicines, one day they made a human cell. But what they couldnt make is a life in the human cell "

This is what it is, science cannot make life. Life can be made only by GOD.
Any comments ??
ahamed
Dubai chat master

May 20, 2005
God can make a take life away as He wishes.

Everything we do in life, and in this case science or medical science, is because it is God's will. If God wills us to find a cure for cancer then we will, if God wills us to improve stem cell research and developement and one day cure all diseases, then by God we will....

God created us and by default our brains. The brain of man was responsable for creating many of the good things we have in the world today and only God is to thank for that.

What about the bad things in life? Like war or genocide (of the arabs worldwide)??? Well thats the devil's work. The battle between good and evil is eternal. Despite the fact that God created us, we remain human. Thus we remain weak if our faith in Him is weak and weakness is the conduit that the devil uses to poison our hearts and minds and drive us to jealousy, rage, violence, treachery, decadence and all other negative human emotions and acts.

But lets get back to the issue at hand. Science is God's doing and the Holy Quran (God's Last True Book) supports science and encourages its development.

But there is a "caveat emptor" problem, my friends, and that is in unethical science. We should never stray from enlightened science. Unethical science, such as, developing a human clone or a new form of degenerative disease is evil in the works. Its the devil using what God created (our minds and souls) and manipulating it for evil. Those scientists without faith and who haven't yet been saved by God's message are at risk. We must help them and guide them towards the Book.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2005
I liked this subject and wanted to revive it out of the depths.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 26, 2005
Ok Pumpkin, then revived it shall be, you know me by now always one for pouring oil in the water - hehehe!

I think science and religion can go hand in hand, but there are gaps, for example what people cannot explain through science they often tend to use religion to explain what science cannot. But there are some things that cannot seemingly be expalined by either, such as things of the supernatural world. And why I've been around so bloody long!

And I have to reply to a comment in an earlier post about there being no evidence or example of gravity, ok throw any object into the air and watch it fall back to the ground, er an example of gravity maybe.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 26, 2005
Ok I'm gonna turn that on its head...and this might be a more controversial view....but religion is all the science we don't want explained or can't be explained...am not saying religion doesn't exist, but why can't God and science go hand in hand? Science is nothing but natural law...man's only role is observation in it, and whoever created man is also responsible for all of science obviously...and I think all humans are in need of some kind of oblivion, we don't want everythin explained (and well additionally its not possible either to unfathom all mysteries), but at the same time we don't want to be totally ignorant (our egos wouldn't allow that)...so we try to figure out 1% of natural phenomena, and call it science and feel smug about it, leaving the rest to faith, superstition, luck, fate, serendipity etc ...coz if we know everything, where would the charm be in life? Still the not knowing leads to insecurity, and thats where religion/faith steps in, and provides a balm for the angst
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 26, 2005
Damn good point.

I was reading a book about the universe as we see it so far, and scientist are torn between two theories that can explain Life, the Universe, and Everything!! One being the theory of relativity-which deals with large mass and distances, the other being Quantum Physics-dealing with things on the atomic level and beyond. Now both methods hold true in there own realms, but they conflict with each other. So it would seem to me that religion and science dont neccesarily have to agree to be correct.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums