Dbxsoul Takes A Bow

Topic locked
Dbxsoul takes a bow Sep 01, 2006
Dear DF regulars

Alas, the time has come for me to move on. My intention is to tender my resignation tomorrow and depending on how it is received (by the powers that be), I may or either have to work out my notice period, or the most likely scenario will be immediately shown the door – in which case I will no longer be able to post regularly on the forum.

I will be moving four hours south of Dubai, and obviously won’t be able to make any real meaningful contributions to the “Expat Help Forum”, but if circumstances allow will still add my 2 Fils worth to the Forum Chat when I can.

I particularly regret not having been able to make the personal acquaintance of any of the members on the Forum, as between all the bickering and banter you all seem to be pretty upright guys (and lest I forget gals :notworthy: ). Hopefully I will still have the opportunity to travel to Dubai on the odd bit of business, and if I can get the timing right will be able to attend a get together at some point.

So, of the 1,262,304,000 (to date) odd seconds on this mortal coil – thanks for having shared some of your time with me.

:wave:

dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 01, 2006
In a nutshell. Ciao.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Sep 01, 2006
dxbsoul,

All the best to you. You have indeed been one of the most helpful and insightful persons in the Expat Help Forum. Your contributions will be sorely miss but I am sure that you won't stop helping others not only those who post in the future but others in general. After all, you won't forget what you already know by being 4 hours south of Dubai (is that driving, walking, or flying distance).

All the best and just let us know when you are back in Dubai and the DF Meet will be when you are in Dubai rather than you having to come to Dubai for it. Looking forward to it.

Godspeed.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 01, 2006
All the best, and a big thank you from me for all the help you've given to me (whether directly or indeirectly) and to the other hundreds if not thousands of people who have benefited from your insight and expertise.

Best wishes for the future, and make sure you keep checking in now and then to say hello and tell us what you are upto!

All the best
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 01, 2006
hey, all the best for your future. all the knowledge you shared here was really valuable and we'll always appreciate it - Thanks!

keep posting whenever u can.
~z
zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 01, 2006
DXB Soul

Sorry to see one of the regular members leave Dubai, however we have to assume that you are off to greener pastures.

I would like to wish you the best of luck in your new endevour, and as you say hopefully we can meet at one of the get togethers in the future.

May your God be with you.

S & O
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 01, 2006
Soul

You have been a source of help and inspiration to many. This forum and the regulars will miss you.

You have been a great ambassador in promoting DF and the information you have posted will have helped many change direction in their lives.

I for one will miss you and i am sure from the comments already received shows that you were highly respected.

On behalf of myself and ever other member here on DF, we wish you well and please call in every now and then to say hi and let us know how you are getting on.

Respect my Friend.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 01, 2006
All the best!!!
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 01, 2006
Wishing you the best!!! So sorry that you have to go. You seem like a really great person.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 01, 2006
dbxsoul its sad that dubai is losing a guy like you, but doesnt mean you have to leave the forum :D

i wish you all the best in your new job .
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2006
dbxsoul
your valuable insights and presence will be missed here...and yes please do try and stay in touch thru this forum...all the very best in life health and luck!..
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 02, 2006
all the best DXB,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2006
remember to send a post card
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 02, 2006
DxBSoul, Your wonderful words of wisdom will be missed.

All the best buddy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 02, 2006
Good Luck DXB wish you all the best
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 02, 2006
oh no! this is Terrible!, i was looking forward to hours of discussing what you kept in your codpiece, and we've barely touched on your gonads!

still, your only four hours away... does that mean you're moving to sharjah?
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 02, 2006
:shock: from what i remember you haven't touched my gonads at all... then again i'm old and my memory is fading like the twilight :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 02, 2006
:) ah, well that went a little better than i had antissipated; i wasn't frog-marched to the door, but will be winding my way down over the next 3 weeks - always better than a swift kick in the arse :)

so, i will still be around on the forum for a little while - but not indefinitly :(

but.... i really want to thank everyone for their wishes and comments, i really, truly appreciate them - every one.....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 02, 2006
dbxsoul wrote::) ah, well that went a little better than i had antissipated; i wasn't frog-marched to the door, but will be winding my way down over the next 3 weeks - always better than a swift kick in the arse :)

so, i will still be around on the forum for a little while - but not indefinitly :(

but.... i really want to thank everyone for their wishes and comments, i really, truly appreciate them - every one.....

Well, now that you are not leaving: I didn't mean it :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2006
no, a slight reprieve to get my paperwork, replacement and pending work out of the way. about 3 weeks still... so when is the next DF get together ???
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 02, 2006
dbxsoul wrote::shock: from what i remember you haven't touched my gonads at all... then again i'm old and my memory is fading like the twilight :lol:

... dont you remember that evening in the retirement home, when we were playing bingo?... i was the one sitting opposite you (you know,the funky old chick with the blue rinse?). anyway, i said id dropped my teeth under the table, and one thing led to another ... c'mon, you must remember!
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 02, 2006
:idea: ahhhh, that strikes a chord!

you weren't the same blue rinsed babe without the bra and the plunging v-neck ..... :shock: *insert involuntery shiver *

i remember jumping up shouting bingo, tripping over my zimmerframe and waking up with my trousers around my ankles with a lot of telephone numbers stuffed in my top pocket ... you know how old women can be ...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 02, 2006
dbxsoul wrote::idea: ahhhh, that strikes a chord!

you weren't the same blue rinsed babe without the bra and the plunging v-neck ..... :shock: *insert involuntery shiver *

i remember jumping up shouting bingo, tripping over my zimmerframe and waking up with my trousers around my ankles with a lot of telephone numbers stuffed in my top pocket ... you know how old women can be ...

ROTFLMAO!!!
yeh, that was me and the girls... we didnt mind too much that you had passed out.. at this time of life we cant be too choosey..
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 02, 2006
haha .....

no, wait .... i was going to write something about the virtues of fasle teeth ... but won't ... afterall this is a family forum :D
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 02, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:haha .....

no, wait .... i was going to write something about the virtues of fasle teeth ... but won't ... afterall this is a family forum :D

lololol.. you are a sick puppy
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 02, 2006
good luck dxb ........u have been always helpful to the expats in expat help section and one of te oldest member here....may the force b with u
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2006
Thank you, many of your posts were great help to me. Really would have liked to have met you as well.

Good luck with your new career and stop by and say hi once in a while.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 03, 2006
From the message of the peeps here you seem to be a great helping hand to DF, its quite sad to know someone is leaving but again if its good for you then we will be happy to cheer you on your way! Have a good one :wink:

I for one will miss that spider.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 03, 2006
Sad day for DF to be losing its 'soul'.

Take care and all the best with your move buddy. I think everyone's summed it up well - you've been a solid contributor here and it will be sorely missed. Just hope new members remember to search for the wisdom you've bestowed time and time again!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Sad day for DF to be losing its 'soul'.

Take care and all the best with your move buddy. I think everyone's summed it up well - you've been a solid contributor here and it will be sorely missed. Just hope new members remember to search for the wisdom you've bestowed time and time again!

Fortunately she will be around for another 3 weeks, during that time her boss will persuade her to stay :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat