Why Is Myspace Banned?

Topic locked
Why is myspace banned? Aug 30, 2006
I don't understand why myspace is banned and other similar sites like friendster are not. Myspace is the most used website in the world. Doesn't make any sense to me.

NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Re: Why is myspace banned? Aug 30, 2006
NativeTheory wrote:I don't understand why myspace is banned and other similar sites like friendster are not. Myspace is the most used website in the world. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Yeah i have a myspace.com site too and etisalat(ISP) blocked it. It sucks :cry:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
you know something etisalat rulez here. If any website has content which is not in line with the values and culture of this place it is blocked. Myspace must have been found to be an offender and is blocked. Yahoo 360 was blocked as well but i guess a few people sent in a request to unblock it and it was done.

so if you feel that the website does not contain any offensive material go ahead and send a mail to etisalat.

cheers

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
I did a couple of months ago. What gets me is that myspace is the most widely used website in the world. It gets more traffic than even google. I don't understand how etelsat can block something that the whole entire world uses. It's just a networking website like all the others around that aren't blocked. Silly if you ask me.
NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Aug 30, 2006
Jeevan wrote:you know something etisalat rulez here. If any website has content which is not in line with the values and culture of this place it is blocked. Myspace must have been found to be an offender and is blocked. Yahoo 360 was blocked as well but i guess a few people sent in a request to unblock it and it was done.

so if you feel that the website does not contain any offensive material go ahead and send a mail to etisalat.

cheers

jerry

Oh by the way, Du is going to have the same kind of blocking just like etisalat, sucks doesnt it
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
Friendster was banned for almost 6 months before, fyi. Fanatics flooded Etisalat with request to unblock it....enjoying it so far. :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 30, 2006
zam wrote:Friendster was banned for almost 6 months before, fyi. Fanatics flooded Etisalat with request to unblock it....enjoying it so far. :lol:

U go girl!
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
so how do i go about organizing one of these cyber rebellions.
NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Sep 03, 2006
I remember that Friendster bit.. It was news back in my country when it was blocked here. Filipinos are Friendster fanatics you know and, so they say, almost all filipinos here in dubai protested and petitionned to unblock the site. I guess it worked ;)
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk