Bummed Out

Topic locked
Bummed Out Aug 30, 2006
Just found out a good friend of mine in Australia has cancer.

It sucks because he was there for me when I went through some troubled times, and now I'm on the other side of the world. Will probably head back for a week or so soon.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 30, 2006
my prayers go out to your homie .. hope he pulls through.. so i dont gotta pour out alittle liqour. cause shit is gettin expensive
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Re: Bummed Out Aug 30, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Just found out a good friend of mine in Australia has cancer.

It sucks because he was there for me when I went through some troubled times, and now I'm on the other side of the world. Will probably head back for a week or so soon.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully is not one of the "bad" cancers as thankfully many cancers are survivable nowadays. It is at this time that one knows who the real friends are. All prayers and best wishes.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
Ian,
So sorry to hear of your friend. Hope that he can beat what is ahead, and will say my prayers in his behalf. There is nothing like a "real friend", and sounds like you have got a special person in your life that you can help now. Good luck, and keep us updated.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 30, 2006
sorry to hear bout that ian, but most of the cases are curable nowadays if diagnosed early. he will make it mate dont worry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
Sorry to hear about your Pal Ian, our prayers will go out to him, we wish him all the best.

Good luck
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 30, 2006
Hey Ian,

Totally get where you are, a very good friend of mine recently left Dubai to head back to the US to battle cancer, the treatments were much better there than here.

We were MSNing every day while he was in hospital for his surgeries and chemo, he's now in remission, and luckily it was a slow growth disease, but the type it was means that 75% of sufferers will get it again later on in life, he's had to change his whole lifestyle, but thankfully for now is healthy again.

Half the battle is attitude and the will to get through it. My friend had some very, very dark days and it's really hard to see someone you care for in that way, but you have to just be there for them and help them through it.

My mate is taking time out in Brazil and just generally chilling, he has a new lease for life and is absolutely making the most of it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 30, 2006
Yep this sucks. I say what your gonna do is the best move...you being there to support him is worth a million Dhs....

Dont forget to pray... and be strong also for your friend....we dont know what lies ahead
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 30, 2006
Ian,

real sorry to hear about your mate back home. I hope and pray he will recover fully.

Huge respect for you going back, thats some mate you have there and I am sure he will say the same when you are there for him. Mates are for life.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 30, 2006
echoing yorky's sentiments...my hopes and prayers are with your friend Ian...and really wishing that me makes a healthy recovery...and hats off to you for really putting everything else aside and traveling back to OZ...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 30, 2006
Ian, sorry to hear that, my prayers are with your friend.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 30, 2006
I have to wait for the full prognosis before I book a flight, but it's not good from what he told me this morning. He's a bit of a wreck, but he has to have a full MRI and Bone sample tomorrow.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 30, 2006
Sorry to hear the news Ian - I can only echo the sentiments of the others in this thread.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 30, 2006
Sorry to hear that Ian.
Sometimes the body can react in amazing ways, and you never know, just seeing an old friend again (you), might be as good as any treatment available.
Best wishes

Zoots
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 30, 2006
im sorry to hear that, i hope that all goes well for your friend. ill keep him in my prayers.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
cancer is quite treatable today as these biotech companies are making headways. I have a friend who was diagnosed with a very rare form of blood cancer 9 years ago and I saw him 3 weeks ago when I went home to Toronto and he is doing fine.....
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 30, 2006
it's a heart-breaking news...it's sad to hear that about your friend ian. my prayers for him.

bless your cotton socks! a true friend is a treasure... and you have proven you are one....
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
tdot wrote:cancer is quite treatable today as these biotech companies are making headways....

i work in cancer research and i agree with above statement. Cancer now days if detected early it can be easily removed.

Ian, all you can do for your friend is emotional support because he will need it now. i know you are far but even by email show him you there. i hope he recover soon.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
Sorry to hear that Ian, I know how it feels when a friend suffers and I have lost 1 sometime back ! really hurts deep. Take Care ma8 and my prayers for him.
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Aug 30, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
tdot wrote:cancer is quite treatable today as these biotech companies are making headways....

i work in cancer research and i agree with above statement.

I hope and pray that they caught it soon enough for my mommy, she had a partial mastectomy a couple weeks ago and starts chemo/radiation next week.

Somebody mentioned spirit/attitude and keeping them up, when faced with challenges in life your true character comes up and being strong/positive will help you overcome.

Stats are something like 1 in 3 people get cancer it’s scary.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat